Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola one Phonesmotorola one vision
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

10-01-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 20
  • Message 71 of 85

Re:Android 11 Bluetooth + Sync 3 (Car Infosystem) = Unreliable Connection

2021-10-04, 14:35 PM

Hi. This is my first post.

I too have this problem but, only since upgrading to Android 11 (a couple of weeks ago).

I have a Ford Kuga with Sync 3. Prior to the Android 11 update, it was working in the car as it should. Now the Bluetooth connection keeps dropping.

I've master re-sent the car's radio and factory reset the phone but still the same problem.

My phone (with Android 11) will connect and work in my friend's Peugeot 3006 - no problems.

It will also work (just as it always has), in my wife's S-Max (Sync 2).

The issue must be between Ford Sync 3 / Android 11 / Motorola.

Please fix A.S.A.P. - as I can't use my phone handsfree in my Ford Kuga anymore.

Options

5 Posts

09-17-2021

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 72 of 85

2021-10-11, 16:05 PM

I have just risked buying another Motorola (edge 20 lite) knowing I could return it within 14 days.  It has arrived running Android 11 and with a security update dated 1st July.   I confirm it connects to my car and stays connected.  I haven't got youtube music working yet but probably me doing something wrong!  My One Vision had updated to security 1st August so that seems to confirm to me that the security update was/is the problem.  I'll be avoiding any prompts to update to a new version for now :-)

Hope that is of help to some of you and maybe to the support team......

Options

3 Posts

10-01-2021

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 73 of 85

2021-10-11, 16:35 PM

I can confirm that my One Vision works fine in a Peugeot 3008.

But my friends One Vision (also on Android 11 and the latest security update), fails in the same way in my car (Ford Kuga ST-line 2017 Sync 3).

Please 🙏 fix this as I no longer have a handsfree phone in the car.

Options

3 Posts

10-01-2021

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 74 of 85

2021-10-11, 17:09 PM

I also suspect that it's the security update but not 100% certain. I wish I could roll my One Vision back and try it without that update.

Options

5 Posts

09-17-2021

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 75 of 85

2021-10-11, 17:15 PM

Same, my phone worked in someone else's car; another manufacturer's phone running Android 11 worked in mine as did an iPhone.  All very strange.

Annoying it has taken this long, so far, with no fix to date meaning I had to resort to buying a new handset.  But at least I now have a phone that works, for now.....  If it somehow auto updates and I lose the connection I really will go mad!

Options

2 Posts

09-24-2021

Czech Republic

8 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 76 of 85

2021-10-11, 17:18 PM

I wouldn't be too happy, in a few days you'll get the "last" August security update and you'll be just like with One Vision ..

No offense, I'd love to be wrong..but it's been 3 weeks since my phone hasn't communicated with my car and it's frustrating.  I drive my car for several hours every day, for work and privately, and I miss the handsfree very much.

@AgentSunitha: How's the repair? Anything new?

Options

5 Posts

09-17-2021

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 77 of 85

2021-10-11, 18:41 PM

I'm hoping I have found every setting to turn off auto-updates but that isn't what I should have to do and those updates should be installed so I'm still not happy.  If I get an update, and bluetooth stops working, I will be pushing to return and refund even if it is after the 14 day window.  But very difficult when you cannot actually speak to a person and can only chat or email to an anonymous person who is not really interested and tells you to wait for the outcome of the technical review.  After 6 weeks that isn't really acceptable.

I will continue to follow this thread and hope it can be sorted and will pursue my separate incident raised with them via email.  It is time for an update from Moto/Lenovo - AgentSunitha?

Options

1 Posts

10-13-2021

Canada

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 78 of 85

2021-10-13, 23:26 PM

I have the same issue others have identified however I am connecting the Chrysler uConnect system

After the version 11 upgrade done two days ago, the phone randomly disconnects and causes uConnect to reboot.

Needless to say, this issue did not exist prior to upgrade. 
uConnect works fine when another cell phone was tested(iPhone) to eliminate uconnect as the culprit.

Some of you may know but it is illegal in The province of Ontario, Canada to use your phone in your vehicle unless it is hands free.

without a fix, I will have to acquire a new phone as I understand to downgrade the Motorola one vision is not a simple task.

i have tried all the suggested fixes in this thread but to no avail.

Lenovo.....PLEASE....help us as you may be forcing me to switch allegiances as hands free phone use is mandatory

Options

2293 Posts

11-24-2020

India

231 Signins

24215 Page Views

• Views: 24215
  • Message 79 of 85

2021-10-14, 15:19 PM

@ MapleSyrup wrote:

I have the same issue others have identified however I am connecting the Chrysler uConnect system

After the version 11 upgrade done two days ago, the phone randomly disconnects and causes uConnect to reboot.

Needless to say, this issue did not exist prior to upgrade. 
uConnect works fine when another cell phone was tested(iPhone) to eliminate uconnect as the culprit.

Some of you may know but it is illegal in The province of Ontario, Canada to use your phone in your vehicle unless it is hands free.

without a fix, I will have to acquire a new phone as I understand to downgrade the Motorola one vision is not a simple task.

i have tried all the suggested fixes in this thread but to no avail.

Lenovo.....PLEASE....help us as you may be forcing me to switch allegiances as hands free phone use is mandatory

Hi, 

Thank you for taking the time to report this and I apologize for the inconvenience going through. I have already escalated this case to the engineers and they are actively investigating this. Please wait, as soon we have any update from the team will get back to you. 

Thanks

Sunitha

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

9 Posts

09-09-2021

13 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 80 of 85

2021-10-14, 15:25 PM

@AgentSunitha I call bulls**t.....you've been saying same crap for six weeks.

Not good enough

Sort it now!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms