08-29-2019

NL

13 Signins

191 Page Views

• Views: 191
  • Message 1 of 5

Bluetooth Bugs (AVRCP)

2019-08-29, 22:16 PM

I recently purchased a Motorola One Vision, and it has been having issues sending metadata to my Alpine car audio system.

My previous Moto G5S had no problems whatsoever, but with the One Vision it is not possible to control the phone with the car audio system (skipping tracks, play, pause and so on), and it doesn't show any metadata on the car audio system anymore.

I've tried changing the AVRCP settings to all different versions, resetting the app preferences, deleting the app settings, nothing seems to work.

I see similar stories with other phones in this forum, is this issue still unresolved?!

Options

17932 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2249 Signins

54007 Page Views

• Views: 54007
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Bluetooth Bugs (AVRCP)

2019-08-30, 13:55 PM

wrote:

I recently purchased a Motorola One Vision, and it has been having issues sending metadata to my Alpine car audio system.

My previous Moto G5S had no problems whatsoever, but with the One Vision it is not possible to control the phone with the car audio system (skipping tracks, play, pause and so on), and it doesn't show any metadata on the car audio system anymore.

I've tried changing the AVRCP settings to all different versions, resetting the app preferences, deleting the app settings, nothing seems to work.

I see similar stories with other phones in this forum, is this issue still unresolved?!

Hi.

We are looking into variances in what is shown on different car kits, but not seeing anything at all is unusual. You can hear the music, but nothing shows? Can you take a photo of the display and post it?

Also, if you let the music play for a bit, does track data start showing? I know I have seen that very occasionally, where when I first switch to BT there is nothing but after a song or two I start seeing it.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

7 Posts

08-29-2019

NL

13 Signins

191 Page Views

• Views: 191
  • Message 3 of 5

2019-09-05, 15:00 PM

Hi Matt, after some different ways of working I managed to get things working in the following way:
- Clear Bluetooth profiles in my Car stereo
- Delete Bluetooth data in phone (Settings > System Apps > Bluetooth > Clear data)
- Set phone AVRCP to version 1.3 (developers options)
- Restart Phone
- Search for bluetooth devices on my Car stereo (not from the phone!)
- Make sure the pairing request goes from the Car stereo to the phone, not the other way around.

In this way I can control the phone's audio app by using the controls on my car stereo.

However I ran into the next problem; while my audio app is on pause, no sound at all is broadcasted to the car stereo.
So when I am using navigation and the audio app on the phone is not playing, I can not hear google Maps Navigation Voice..

This is very annoying, since this used to work perfectly on my Moto G5S (which was also on AVRCP 1.4 by the way).

Options

17932 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2249 Signins

54007 Page Views

• Views: 54007
  • Message 4 of 5

2019-09-06, 13:43 PM

Hi.

Thanks for continuing to post these details. We've reported it to the product team and there is an investigation happening now. If I learn anything new I'll let you know, but for now I'm just waiting to see if they need anything additional.

Sorry for this issue.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

8 Posts

10-02-2019

PL

25 Signins

264 Page Views

• Views: 264
  • Message 5 of 5

2019-10-02, 19:34 PM

I guess I will post in this topic as I have similar experience, sadly since the phone itself was a pleasant surprise after moving from Lumia 950XL and Windows 10.

My phone: Motorola One Vision

My car: Subaru Outback 2010

My audio: Kenwood A/V/navigation, model: Y39-5740-11 or FXDA09KLES4. That’s all I found on the backplate on the internet. The manual does not mention any specific details.

My problem: metadata is not being displayed on the unit’s navigation screen

Now, the car unit handles my mp3s perfectly well (they are all tagged nice and clean, really). I have had no problems with my previous Lumias 625, 640, 950 and IIRC my wife’s Samsung S3. It works like a charm with Windows Phone 7,8,10. Everything is perfectly functional as intended.

When I first connected the phone the metatags were not displayed on the unit so I thought it would be a good idea to restart both car unit and phone. I was not expecting any problems so I did not pay attention to what I did precisely and in what order but the metatags showed up and everything was working as with my previous phones. Unfortunately this was the only and the last time it worked.

Since then I read and followed multiple ideas – all in vain. It just won’t work again for the life of me.

Clearing BT cache (I do not recall if I pressed the Clear Data button in BT settings), deleting all BT devices, switching to avrpc 1.3, disabling battery optimization for BT app, various players and settings. And even the PSA29.160-50 update did not help even though it pinpoints “Connectivity improvements”. 

The good news is the BT audio player and phone functionalities are working OK (thank God for that at least). It’s just the metatags that won’t work.

I do not have any other car to test the phone with and do not really know how other BT car units behave. Mine has two places where I need to pair the phone with:

Portable player (with a passcode 0000) and

Phone (with passcode 1212)

It is a gruesome process to connect my Motorola one vision. I do not recall it being like that with Lumias. I am stuck with 15 mins of restarting, connecting, disconnecting and pairing etc. and am fed up with it for a moment. I just cannot afford spending hours in the car struggling with something that was working perfectly on a 7 year old phone.

Since I managed to get it working somehow by a miraculous coincidence it seems is there a magical order that makes it work?

When I get the strength for the final strife what could I possibly try? Or should I wait for another update that might solve all the BT problems (I see there are many different ones).

It would be absolutely lovely if this could get fixed. Thank you.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save