Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola one Phonesmotorola one vision
All Forum Topics
Options

13 Posts

04-26-2017

Latvia

10 Signins

146 Page Views

• Views: 146
  • Message 1 of 4

Bluetooth not working correctly: restarts BMW multimedia and disconnects from external BR speaker

2021-03-02, 14:07 PM
  1. Exact Issues:

-when playing music through Bluetooth speaker, it plays for a while, sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes 50 minutes and then freezes (silent shhhh in speaker) and disconnects from speaker. Other brand phones with Android 10 and iOs work correctly with this BT speaker.

-when connecting to BMW multimedia system, it does restart of the system occasionally, say some once per 5 minutes. The feeling is that phones BT sends some kind of inadequate command to cars system, making it to reboot. Other brand phones with Android 10 and iOs work correctly with this cars multimedia.

I read somewhere that  this issue is because of Android 10 update somewhere in november 2020 and is associated with A2DP connection... I tried to disable Bluetooth A2DP hardware offload in developer settings, but it does not allows: it shows warning message: "You have to restart your device to change  this setting", but after restart, it is back again. This loop of restart never stops... and therefore I do not know whether it would help or not.

2.Bluetooth Accessory: 2 devices: Bluetooth Enusic Life speaker and BMW F11 y2015 Multimedia system

3.there is no bug report prepared by phone in both cases.

Moto  One Vision. Android 10 QSAS30.62-33-9 (Feb1,20221)

Options

2462 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1135 Signins

47305 Page Views

• Views: 47305
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Bluetooth not working correctly: restarts BMW multimedia and disconnects from external BR speaker

2021-03-03, 15:10 PM

@ Yukki1 wrote:

1. Exact Issues:

-when playing music through Bluetooth speaker, it plays for a while, sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes 50 minutes and then freezes (silent shhhh in speaker) and disconnects from speaker. Other brand phones with Android 10 and iOs work correctly with this BT speaker.

-when connecting to BMW multimedia system, it does restart of the system occasionally, say some once per 5 minutes. The feeling is that phones BT sends some kind of inadequate command to cars system, making it to reboot. Other brand phones with Android 10 and iOs work correctly with this cars multimedia.

I read somewhere that  this issue is because of Android 10 update somewhere in november 2020 and is associated with A2DP connection... I tried to disable Bluetooth A2DP hardware offload in developer settings, but it does not allows: it shows warning message: "You have to restart your device to change  this setting", but after restart, it is back again. This loop of restart never stops... and therefore I do not know whether it would help or not.

2.Bluetooth Accessory: 2 devices: Bluetooth Enusic Life speaker and BMW F11 y2015 Multimedia system

3.there is no bug report prepared by phone in both cases.

Moto  One Vision. Android 10 QSAS30.62-33-9 (Feb1,20221)

Hi, 

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to know about this, can you please try turning off A2DP likely wouldn't help anyway. With Android 10 the default AVRCP changed to 1.4. This caused some Bluetooth issues for some people. Try changing AVRCP to 1.3 (Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > AVRCP> Choose 1.3). Reboot the phone and then test again. If still having issues, then please set the phone back to 1.4 and generate a bug report with Bluetooth Snoop enabled. Let us know if it doesn't work and we'll give you the steps to generate the bug report.

Regards

Sandip

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

13 Posts

04-26-2017

Latvia

10 Signins

146 Page Views

• Views: 146
  • Message 3 of 4

Re:Bluetooth not working correctly: restarts BMW multimedia and disconnects from external BR speaker

2021-03-08, 14:06 PM

Thanks for your answer.

1.indeed, switching default AVRCP 1.4 to 1.3 helped, now phone connects to car's phone and multimedia system and I can stream sound to car audio, talk by phone through BT.

but...

2. I tried 1.5 and 1.6 versions also! No success! Whilst showing "connecting...." for a long time, it makes my car's multimedia system to restart again, same way as 1.4 versions.

My son's Samsung S10 with Android 11, using AVRCP 1.6 connects flawlessly to my car!

N.B. in addition to this, I updated my cars software and also maps version to newest one, hoping that maybe this would help. Nope, it does not! :(

Options

2462 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1135 Signins

47305 Page Views

• Views: 47305
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-03-10, 3:52 AM

@ Yukki1 wrote:

Thanks for your answer.

1.indeed, switching default AVRCP 1.4 to 1.3 helped, now phone connects to car' phone and multimedia system and I can stream sound to car audio, talk by phone through BT.

but...

2. I tried 1.5 and 1.6 versions also! No success! Whilst showing "connecting...." for a long time, it makes my car' multimedia system to restart again, same way as 1.4 versions.

My son' Samsung S10 with Android 11, using AVRCP 1.6 connects flawlessly to my car!

N.B. in addition to this, I updated my cars software and also maps version to newest one, hoping that maybe this would help. Nope, it does not! :(

Hi, 

We would recommend you to leave at 1.3 since it's working fine on it. And for the Samsung S10, there could be a possibility that they might have a different chipset. 

Regards

Sandip

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms