230 Signins

1482 Page Views

• Views: 1482
  • Message 1 of 58

Bootloop when Developer options are enabled

2019-06-02, 7:19 AM

Hello friends,

I have a problem whit my Moto O.V.

When I enabled developer options and change something I need (example: behavior after connect usb cable) my moto is fine till my screen is on. But when I need to power on screen again, when I enter the security code, my moto dont let me to see home screen, but automaticly restarts and operating till the next security code thing. And restarts again and again and again. The only thing that helps is to return to the factory settings.

Any ideas?

Options

10 Posts

06-02-2019

TH

17 Signins

165 Page Views

• Views: 165
  • Message 2 of 58

Re: Bootloop when Developer options are enabled

2019-06-02, 17:03 PM
Oh god...I should have seen your post first. I tried to transfer file into my phone. Now I have this exact problem too. For god sake I just have my phone for only one day.
Options

17886 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2244 Signins

53637 Page Views

• Views: 53637
  • Message 3 of 58

2019-06-03, 14:25 PM

wrote:
Oh god...I should have seen your post first. I tried to transfer file into my phone. Now I have this exact problem too. For god sake I just have my phone for only one day.

Thanks for reporting this. We're investigating and I'll let you know what we learn as soon as possible.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

10 Posts

06-02-2019

TH

17 Signins

165 Page Views

• Message 4 of 58

2019-06-03, 16:44 PM
Thanks for the attentions. I'll give some more details here.

Last night I tried to transfer some sound file for message tone from my computer into the 'Download' folder in the internal storage. I turned on developer mode, and change USB setting to transfer file, and I also turned on USB debugging.

I think mine had screen on all the time during the process, until it turned off itself. Next, I noticed something was wrong when it rebooted itself. It seemed to struggle to pass 'android one' screen, and looped there for a couple of times before able to pass to 'motorola' screen, then the PIN code entering screen.

At the PIN code entering screen (mine also had fingerprint reading on though), everything seemed fine. I could drag down quick setting from the top of the screen, and opened the numpad for emergency calling. But every time I entered PIN and pressed enter, screen would immediately turn off and went into bootloop.

It's now okay after I factory reset it, but I haven't touched developer mode again since then.
Options

17886 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2244 Signins

53637 Page Views

• Views: 53637
  • Message 5 of 58

2019-06-03, 16:49 PM

wrote:
Thanks for the attentions. I'll give some more details here.

Last night I tried to transfer some sound file for message tone from my computer into the 'Download' folder in the internal storage. I turned on developer mode, and change USB setting to transfer file, and I also turned on USB debugging.

I think mine had screen on all the time during the process, until it turned off itself. Next, I noticed something was wrong when it rebooted itself. It seemed to struggle to pass 'android one' screen, and looped there for a couple of times before able to pass to 'motorola' screen, then the PIN code entering screen.

At the PIN code entering screen (mine also had fingerprint reading on though), everything seemed fine. I could drag down quick setting from the top of the screen, and opened the numpad for emergency calling. But every time I entered PIN and pressed enter, screen would immediately turn off and went into bootloop.

It's now okay after I factory reset it, but I haven't touched developer mode again since then.

Thanks for these details, and very sorry this function is causing you issues.

While I'm not sure I'll need it, having your IMEI could be helpful as we work on this. Could you (and anyone else with this issue) please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Thanks,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

10 Posts

06-02-2019

TH

17 Signins

165 Page Views

• Message 6 of 58

2019-06-03, 17:11 PM
Well, neither phone model (One Vision - XT1970-3), and my carrier exists in the options. But I already filled the IMEI 1 there.

I can't find Motorola Privacy options thing though. Is the same as Preferences > Privacy > Show private information in profile to?
Options

10 Posts

01-25-2015

CZ

18 Signins

193 Page Views

• Views: 193
  • Message 7 of 58

2019-06-03, 18:27 PM

I have exactly the same problem. Turninf off all kind of security (password, pattern or pin) and no problems at all.

But phone without face unlock or fingerprint doesn't make a sense for me. Same if I'm not able to change USB mode in dev.option, etc.

Pretty annoing that I'll probably return the phone and get something else. Can't trust it no more.

If at first you don't succeed... so much for skydiving
Options

15 Posts

06-02-2019

PL

230 Signins

1482 Page Views

• Message 8 of 58

2019-06-03, 18:55 PM

Im also updated my profile whit serial number, but as mentioned earlier, Moto One Vision is still not listed. Same on my carrier. 

And it's okay for you - MattForumsMngr, to look at my apps.

Options

4 Posts

03-05-2017

BE

52 Signins

630 Page Views

• Views: 630
  • Message 9 of 58

2019-06-03, 19:04 PM

Hi,

I have the same problem, developer options are enabled.

It started yesterday when suddenly my phone switched off and restarted by itself.

When restarted and entering the pin, phone switched off and restarted again.

That's the only thing what my phone does at this moment. Switch off, restart, entering pin ... switch off, restart, entering pin ... and so on ...

My phone is registered, my profile update as asked.

Hope to get a solution soon.

Wim, Belgium

Options

15 Posts

06-02-2019

PL

230 Signins

1482 Page Views

• Message 10 of 58

2019-06-03, 19:13 PM

@Wim9620 - The only thing that helps is to return to the factory settings and leave developer settings alone untill Moto Devs provide us a solution.
Because we are not a Beta Testers, right Moto?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save