Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola one Phonesmotorola one vision
All Forum Topics
Options

64 Posts

02-28-2020

India

41 Signins

285 Page Views

• Views: 285
  • Message 1 of 7

Fingerprint Scanner Issue

2021-01-11, 9:58 AM

I have a problem with the fingerprint scanner, when I register my fingerprints it takes a lot of time to complete the registration process. I get a lot of partial fingerprint detected errors or it isn't recognized at all. I can complete the sequence, but it takes a lot of tries. Whenever I try to unlock the phone, most of the time it will unlock, but sometimes it won't detect my fingerprint. Sometimes I will get the error, that my fingerprint isn't recognized even when I am not touching the fingerprint scanner. Does anyone else have this same problem?

Options

2975 Posts

04-04-2018

India

396 Signins

27540 Page Views

• Views: 27540
  • Message 2 of 7

Re:Fingerprint Scanner Issue

2021-01-11, 10:31 AM

@ Motoupdate wrote:

I have a problem with the fingerprint scanner, when I register my fingerprints it takes a lot of time to complete the registration process. I get a lot of partial fingerprint detected errors or it isn' recognized at all. I can complete the sequence, but it takes a lot of tries. Whenever I try to unlock the phone, most of the time it will unlock, but sometimes it won' detect my fingerprint. Sometimes I will get the error, that my fingerprint isn' recognized even when I am not touching the fingerprint scanner. Does anyone else have this same problem?

Hi,

Sorry to know about this and thanks for letting us know. I would suggest you perform Clear Cache in your device-- go to Settings > Apps & notifications > App Info > select the app > Storage > Clear Cache.

Also, test your device in Safe Mode and see if the issue persists. Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

64 Posts

02-28-2020

India

41 Signins

285 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2021-01-11, 11:13 AM

Hi Suman,

Which app do I choose to clear the cache? I am unable to unlock my device many times using the fingerprint scanner. When I place my finger on the scanner, I get a message on the screen that the finger has not been recognized. And apart from this, I am also observing that for some time I am getting the message even when I am not touching the fingerprint scanner. Please suggest a way forward to find the exact cause of this issue.

Options

1554 Posts

08-15-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

524 Signins

13360 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 13360
  • Message 4 of 7

2021-01-11, 14:18 PM

Maybe these are obvious but worth mentioning:

are finger & sensor cover clean and not greasy? finger not cut or scratched? alcohol wipes are good to use on scanner area & fingers

I get frustrated with fingerprint scanners on all phones so I register the same finger up to the maximum number (five usually).

■ I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position. ■
Options

64 Posts

02-28-2020

India

41 Signins

285 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2021-01-11, 15:18 PM

Q 1)  Are finger & sensor cover clean and not greasy?

A 1)  Yes, both my fingers and fingerprint sensor are clean.

Q 2) Finger not cut or scratched?

A 2) There is no cut or scratch at my fingertips.

Q 3) Alcohol wipes are good to use on the scanner area & fingers.

A 3) I tried but there was no difference as it is a software issue I think.

Note:- I am having this problem in safe mode also.

Options

1554 Posts

08-15-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

524 Signins

13360 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 13360
  • Message 6 of 7

2021-01-11, 16:00 PM

Worth trying. Sounds like hardware to me but wait for Agent advice.

■ I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position. ■
Options

2975 Posts

04-04-2018

India

396 Signins

27540 Page Views

• Views: 27540
  • Message 7 of 7

2021-01-12, 3:07 AM

@ Motoupdate wrote:

Q 1)  Are finger & sensor cover clean and not greasy?

A 1)  Yes, both my fingers and fingerprint sensor are clean.

Q 2) Finger not cut or scratched?

A 2) There is no cut or scratch at my fingertips.

Q 3) Alcohol wipes are good to use on the scanner area & fingers.

A 3) I tried but there was no difference as it is a software issue I think.

Note:- I am having this problem in safe mode also.

I apologize for not properly understanding your first post and thanks for trying the troubleshooting steps which Cuddly suggested. 

If none of these steps are working, most likely there is an issue with the hardware. If you are able to unlock even once, please try retraining your fingerprints.

If not, my best advice in this situation is that you let our engineers examine the device. 

Kindly submit your device at our Service Center, you can use this link to find the nearest Service Center: http://bit.ly/MASC_IN

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms