06-06-2019

NL

25 Signins

119 Page Views

• Views: 119
  • Message 1 of 6

Fingerprint Scanner problem

2019-06-06, 15:45 PM
I have a problem with the fingerprint scanner, when i register my fingerprints it takes alot of time to complete the register process. I get a lot of partial fingerprint detected errors or it is isn't recognized at all. I can complete the sequence, but it take a lot of tries. Whenever I try to unlock the phone, most of the time it wil unlock, but sometimes it won't detect my fingerprint. Sometimes I will get the error, that my fingerprint isn't recognized even when I am not touching the fingerprint scanner. Does anyone else has this same problem?

Options

17912 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2247 Signins

53802 Page Views

• Views: 53802
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Fingerprint Scanner problem

2019-06-07, 15:15 PM

wrote:
I have a problem with the fingerprint scanner, when i register my fingerprints it takes alot of time to complete the register process. I get a lot of partial fingerprint detected errors or it is isn't recognized at all. I can complete the sequence, but it take a lot of tries. Whenever I try to unlock the phone, most of the time it wil unlock, but sometimes it won't detect my fingerprint. Sometimes I will get the error, that my fingerprint isn't recognized even when I am not touching the fingerprint scanner. Does anyone else has this same problem?

Hi.

I can relate to the registration portion of your post. It does seem rather picky. It is true on all phones though, not just vision.

But once registered mine works pretty well. The main reason it will not recognize my print is if my finger is dirty or wet -- moisture in particular is a problem. 

When you say you get the error without even touching the scanner -- is your finger or anything close to the screen?

Thanks,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

5 Posts

06-06-2019

NL

25 Signins

119 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2019-06-07, 19:29 PM
It happens sometimes whenever my fingerprint isn't recognized, and my finger is not touching the fingerprint reader anymore. It acts all crazy, like it is registering multiple fingerprints at once.
Options

17912 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2247 Signins

53802 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2019-06-10, 14:10 PM

wrote:
It happens sometimes whenever my fingerprint isn't recognized, and my finger is not touching the fingerprint reader anymore. It acts all crazy, like it is registering multiple fingerprints at once.

Hmm, that sounds very unusual. Any chance you can send me a video of this? A couple more questions.

• Does it matter if the phone is plugged in?
  • Can you test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up.

Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Thanks very much.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

5 Posts

06-06-2019

NL

25 Signins

119 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2019-06-11, 8:20 AM

Hi Matt,

The last couple of days, I haven't experienced any problems. The occasionally misread of my fingerprint, but nothing major. I was using a temporary felt pouch for my phone, and we had dry weather so maybe it could have been static electricity? I'm guessing here, but maybe that could give problems. If the problem returns, I will use your suggestions. Thanks

Options

17912 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2247 Signins

53802 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2019-06-11, 13:24 PM

wrote:

Hi Matt,

The last couple of days, I haven't experienced any problems. The occasionally misread of my fingerprint, but nothing major. I was using a temporary felt pouch for my phone, and we had dry weather so maybe it could have been static electricity? I'm guessing here, but maybe that could give problems. If the problem returns, I will use your suggestions. Thanks

Thanks very much for the update. Your theory sounds plausible, but please post again if it recurs.

Glad you fixed it!

- Matt 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save