07-15-2019

PL

80 Signins

400 Page Views

• Views: 400
  • Message 1 of 3

Google Play services massive battery drain

2019-07-22, 18:57 PM

I dony use much phone today and when i check Google Play Services used 89% battery form last charge [removed] Is any fix for that soon ?

Options

17911 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2247 Signins

53797 Page Views

• Views: 53797
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Google Play services massive battery drain

2019-07-23, 13:18 PM

wrote:

I dony use much phone today and when i check Google Play Services used 89% battery form last charge [removed] Is any fix for that soon ?

Hi.

A couple of things.

• How is your overall battery life? If it's good, we don't recommend being too concerned about the individual percentages, which change dramatically based on use.
  • If you have not used your phone much, that generally means that the only things running are the background functions and the Android OS. Whenever Google apps run, Play Services runs, so this is expected behavior. If you were gaming, for example, then the game and screen would rise up the percentage list.

We're always happy to take a look at battery performance if you like. Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Also, please make sure your posts are civil and use appropriate language. Thanks.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

9 Posts

07-15-2019

PL

80 Signins

400 Page Views

• Views: 400
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Google Play services massive battery drain

2019-07-23, 13:51 PM

It was one bad day Matt - i fully charge & restart and it is ok but anyway when i checked my phone is in deep sleep 60-70% (CPU SPY). I use phone same style / same apps as last 2 huawei phones and Moto lose power faster in "standby"  for example 5-15% by night (i use wifi at work & home) is bad result - exynos is bad optimized ???? MOV is first phone with that CPU so will be better soon ?  I use DUAL SIM so battery is empty faster - with fast charging battery is not a problem. One day is enough :)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save