Options

3 Posts

10-16-2019

DE

15 Signins

153 Page Views

• Views: 153
  • Message 1 of 5

How to force Security Updates to download via WiFi only?

2019-10-22, 8:37 AM

Hi,

I only recently got the phone and just now it started downloading the latest Security Update even though I'm not currently connected to WiFi.

On my old phone there was an option to force any updates to download via WiFi only. I've not found a setting like this on the One Vision yet.

Is there such an option or any other way I can prevent the Updates eating into my small data package?

Thanks!

Options

17982 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2254 Signins

54277 Page Views

• Views: 54277
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: How to force Security Updates to download via WiFi only?

2019-10-25, 14:54 PM

wrote:

Hi,

I only recently got the phone and just now it started downloading the latest Security Update even though I'm not currently connected to WiFi.

On my old phone there was an option to force any updates to download via WiFi only. I've not found a setting like this on the One Vision yet.

Is there such an option or any other way I can prevent the Updates eating into my small data package?

Thanks!

Hi.

You should get the option to choose Wifi or Network when the notification appears on your phone. However, if you delay the download too many times, it will automatically download using whatever available network it can access at that point. 

If another update comes and you don't see the notification screen that lets you choose your preferred download method, let me know.

Thanks,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

3 Posts

10-16-2019

DE

15 Signins

153 Page Views

• Views: 153
  • Message 3 of 5

2019-10-25, 14:57 PM

Thanks for getting back to me.

I definitely didn't see any notification, it just started downloading.

I'll keep an eye on it and let you know...

Thanks!

Options

17982 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2254 Signins

54277 Page Views

• Views: 54277
  • Message 4 of 5

2019-10-25, 18:02 PM

wrote:

Thanks for getting back to me.

I definitely didn't see any notification, it just started downloading.

I'll keep an eye on it and let you know...

Thanks!

Hi.

It occurred to me that maybe if the phone has been "on the shelf" for a while, any updates released since it was first flashed might appear as "past due."  It's possible they don't provide notifications then. But this is speculation -- I will check with the update team.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

19 Posts

08-16-2019

FI

24 Signins

450 Page Views

• Views: 450
  • Message 5 of 5

2019-10-25, 18:36 PM

Not exactly what you're looking for, but couple of potential workarounds. If you have Developer Mode activated, there might be an option to turn off Automatic System Updates, which would allow you to check on them manually when you are connected to wi-fi. Other that could work is turning off Mobile Data when the update is up. True, not the best alternatives, but might preserve your Mobile Data it is limited.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save