11-13-2019

FI

3 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 1 of 7

How to remove date and weather from home screen

2019-11-13, 20:12 PM

To my surprise, suddenly date and weather showed up on the home screen. I have tried to removed but I was not succesful. The weather is not even accurate and it shows temperature in fahrenheits which is not even used here. How do I remove them from the home screen since they are really annoying.

Options

8 Posts

10-02-2019

PL

25 Signins

264 Page Views

• Views: 264
  • Message 2 of 7

Re: How to remove date and weather from home screen

2019-11-13, 20:44 PM

Hi,

I was trying that too at the time. Apparently I did not find a way to turn it off.

As for the temperature it does make a difference which side of the widget you tap. If the left and middle side (the whole date area) you will open the Calendar. But if you tap the right side (the temperature and weather icon) you will open the Weather. There, right in the main hamburger menu, you will have the toggle switch between C and F units.

What do you mean it suddenly showed up? What phone do you have?

Options

1777 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

298 Signins

18479 Page Views

• Views: 18479
  • Message 3 of 7

2019-11-18, 8:04 AM

wrote:

To my surprise, suddenly date and weather showed up on the home screen. I have tried to removed but I was not succesful. The weather is not even accurate and it shows temperature in fahrenheits which is not even used here. How do I remove them from the home screen since they are really annoying.

Hi testis,

Thanks for posting! Are you not able to remove even when you long press on it? Kindly confirm.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

92 Posts

11-03-2019

BG

464 Signins

1693 Page Views

• Views: 1693
  • Message 4 of 7

2019-11-18, 9:58 AM
No, it's not possible. If you hold on it only pop-up message is "Preferences"
Options

1777 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

298 Signins

18479 Page Views

• Views: 18479
  • Message 5 of 7

2019-11-20, 5:51 AM

Hi,

I would like to inform that it cannot be removed. It comes by default, working as expected.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2 Posts

11-13-2019

FI

3 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 6 of 7

2019-12-13, 5:14 AM

Sorry for late response. The date and temperature were not on the home screen when I started to use the phone (Motorola One Vision) but apperead there after some update.

What is weird that I somehow managed to remove the temperature info from the screen (but not the date) but I have no idea how. So I was rather disappointed when after the latest update the temperature was back on the display.

What is extremely annoying that now Google Weather (?) and Accuweather forcefully shows the temperature at my homescreen and they disagree and shows way off the temp.

Options

25 Posts

12-06-2019

HU

45 Signins

483 Page Views

• Views: 483
  • Message 7 of 7

2019-12-13, 7:36 AM

Should you disable the "Time and Weather" in the apps settings menu (Show system option must be toggled), the temperature data will disappear from the right side of the widget (also with the default battery showing clock if you have added that). Now this is mighty fine, if you do not use this, but there is no way I know of to remove the left part which opens the calendar. (Even disabling the Calendar app does not remove it.)

Other than that AFAIK you can only remove it by switching to a different launcher, since it is part of the stock launcher.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete