Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola one Phonesmotorola one vision
All Forum Topics
Options

64 Posts

02-28-2020

India

41 Signins

285 Page Views

• Views: 285
  • Message 1 of 42

Idea, Vodafone & Airtel (India) says that Motorola One Vision does not support their version of VOLTE

2020-03-26, 15:12 PM

Hi Matt,

Are you guys hearing Indian Customers who all are raising alarms for Motorola One Vision Device from a long time. Nowadays, I am observing that all raised issues are going in to a black hole created by Motorola India.

I am sorry that I am saying like this. But, this is true, I sent you an email, but I din't get any reply from you.

All major operators  Idea (India) ,Vodafone (India)  & Airtel (India) says that your handset i.e. Motorola One Vision does not support default 4G, LTE, you will need a 4G compatible handset having band 3 (1800 MHz) / band 1 (2100 MHz)

However, both bands are mentioned in the device specification.

Moreover, Airtel (India) is also saying the same thing, that this device does not support their version of VOLTE. It, seems that these operators have made their VOLTE version sitting in SPACE.

I really don't understand that where is the actual problem, operators says device problem, device OEM (Moto India) says operator problem.

IDEA WEBSITE DOES NOT SHOW MOTOROLA ONE VISION HANDSET LISTED IN THEIR DEVICE COMPATIBLE LIST.

VODAFONE WEBSITE DOES NOT SHOW MOTOROLA ONE VISION HANDSET LISTED IN THEIR DEVICE COMPATIBLE LIST.

AIRTEL WEBSITE DOES NOT SHOW MOTOROLA ONE VISION HANDSET LISTED IN THEIR DEVICE COMPATIBLE LIST.

JIO WEBSITE DOES NOT SHOW MOTOROLA ONE VISION HANDSET LISTED IN THEIR VOWIFI DEVICE COMPATIBLE LIST.

Options

49 Posts

10-19-2017

Spain

103 Signins

840 Page Views

• Views: 840
  • Message 2 of 42

Re:Idea, Vodafone & Airtel (India) says that Motorola One Vision does not support their version of VOLTE

2020-04-02, 15:32 PM

The same is true in my country. I've described it in this thread: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/motorola-one-vision/VoLTE-and-VoWiFi-on-Orange-Spain/m-p/5000011

The Motorola One Vision does support VoLTE and WIFIcalling without any problem in terms of hardware. The problem is that the ROM of this model lacks the IMS parameters of the mobile network operators of several countries, which are necessary for these services to work. In addition, Motorola must request the approval of its terminals from these operators for VoLTE and VoWIFI to work, which is only an administrative procedure and has nothing to do with the hardware or firmware.

Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

• Views: 62923
  • Message 3 of 42

Re:Idea, Vodafone & Airtel (India) says that Motorola One Vision does not support their version of VOLTE

2020-04-06, 18:54 PM

Hi.

It's my understanding that the phones do support VoLTE on the main India carriers.

If you are having issues with VoLTE, please report them and we're glad to look into them.

The team is working to get the carrier sites updated, but the current pandemic is slowing those efforts.

Thanks,

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

64 Posts

02-28-2020

India

41 Signins

285 Page Views

• Message 4 of 42

2020-06-05, 7:40 AM

Hi Matt,

Any update on this issue......

Options

37 Posts

09-28-2016

India

445 Signins

3466 Page Views

• Views: 3466
  • Message 5 of 42

2020-06-08, 12:10 PM
Please search wifi calling option on your device. I am using wifi calling features in my one vision.
Shahjad Quadri
Options

10 Posts

12-23-2014

India

66 Signins

307 Page Views

• Views: 307
  • Message 6 of 42

2020-06-08, 14:17 PM
With JIO sim it shows wifi calling option Airtel Vodafone and Idea that option will disappear.
Options

64 Posts

02-28-2020

India

41 Signins

285 Page Views

• Message 7 of 42

2020-06-08, 16:26 PM
Hi Guys, Just a quick update for you. 1) With Jio SIM u will see the feature available under settings, but the same will not work. Reason provided by Jio that this device does not support wifi calling yet. Very strange and they ask me to stay tuned to their website for more information. 2) With Airtel you will not see the option as per Airtel this handset does not support volte and wifi calling and they ask me to contact Motorola for the same. And also ask me to check Airtel website for volte and wifi calling option and as per their website this handset is not compatible for volte and wifi calling. 3)With Vodafone you will not see the option as per Vodafone this handset does not support volte and wifi calling (Vodafone yet to launch wifi calling in India) and they ask me to contact Motorola for the same. And also ask me to check Vodafone website for volte and wifi calling option and as per their website this handset is not compatible for volte.
Options

10 Posts

12-23-2014

India

66 Signins

307 Page Views

• Views: 307
  • Message 8 of 42

2020-06-09, 7:12 AM
This is true that it shows wifi calling option but does not work always. In case of Airtel after many email exchanges VOLTE activated for my device. For wifi calling I made calls and emails to MOTOROLA India and airtel both said it does not support wifi calling. If it doesn't support then with JIO sim how it show wifi calling option.
Options

64 Posts

02-28-2020

India

41 Signins

285 Page Views

• Message 9 of 42

2020-06-09, 12:28 PM

Airtel has forcefully activated the Volte Flag in its system for your number, ideally that should be activated automatically by placing Airtel SIM or any other Volte network supported SIM in the device.

Now what happens when an operator forcibly activates the Volte flag on any number in their system, after which the user will see the Volte symbol in his mobile, but will face a lot of calling and data problems, due to lack of proper IMS parameters and other modem drivers required to run volte services in the devices.

For example:- to connect and receive calls the mobile device most of the time will fall back to 3G network. 

4G, 4G+ will change to H

At the time of running USSD codes network will fallback from 4G/4G+ to H

Currently we all are swinging as a pendulum between Indian Mobile Carriers and Motorola India. Moto India says device supports Volte and Mobile carrier says no this device does not support their Volte Services.

Now, we have only option left to switch from Motorola to Nokia Device in Future. At least, they hear out their customer to fix the issue in a timely fashion.

Options

64 Posts

02-28-2020

India

41 Signins

285 Page Views

• Message 10 of 42

2020-06-09, 12:38 PM

Hi Matt, Now, lockdown is almost over in India could you please share the progress on above reported issues. When your concerned team will contact all Indian carriers and ask them to updated their website with Motorola One Vision as Volte & Vowifi certified device.

At the time of posting this reply none of the Indian operator showing this device in their volte supported list.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)