Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola one Phonesmotorola one vision
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

11-13-2014

France

5 Signins

42 Page Views

• Views: 42
  • Message 1 of 7

Issue with USB-C devices since Android 11 Update

2021-09-12, 15:39 PM

Hello

I'm facing an issue since my Motorola One Vision got the Android 11 update.

My Razer Kishi, a game controller, does not work anymore normally anymore. The controller has no battery an worked only with the phone plugged in USB-C, it used to work before the update.
The controller has an USB-C passthrough to use the phone+controller and charge it at the same time, when I do that the controller works.
If I plug in the USB-C passthrough of the controller half a second and disconnect it, the controller works correctly.

My SandDisk USK stick USB-A/USB-C is not detected anymore.

It seems that since the update the USB-C does not provide enough powers for some device to work correctly.

Options

3678 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1240 Signins

59355 Page Views

• Views: 59355
  • Message 2 of 7

Re:Issue with USB-C devices since Android 11 Update

2021-09-13, 6:42 AM

@ Maxime_Palmieri wrote:

Hello

My Razer Kishi, a game controller, does not work anymore normally anymore. The controller has no battery an worked only with the phone plugged in USB-C, it used to work before the update.
The controller has an USB-C passthrough to use the phone+controller and charge it at the same time, when I do that the controller works.
If I plug in the USB-C passthrough of the controller half a second and disconnect it, the controller works correctly.

It seems that since the update the USB-C does not provide enough powers for some device to work correctly.

Hi Maxime_Palmieri ,

Welcome to Motorola forums and sorry to know about this. I will try my best to help you fix this. please update your profile with your current phone, carrier, and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards

Sandip

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

3 Posts

11-13-2014

France

5 Signins

42 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2021-09-13, 19:42 PM
Hi Sandip, I updated my profile with my phone informations. You can look at the App on the phone. Regards, Maxime
Options

3678 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1240 Signins

59355 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2021-09-15, 3:45 AM

@ Maxime_Palmieri wrote:

Hello

Hi, 

Thank you for updating your profile could please help us understand more about it, Are you saying the device does not detect the controller?  Also, let us know the make and model of the SanDisk USK stick USB-A/USB-C so that we can check. 

Thanks

Sandip 

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

11-13-2014

France

5 Signins

42 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2021-09-16, 7:20 AM

The Sandisk USB is "Sandisk SDDDC2-032G-G46 USB 3.1". This is the amazon reference : https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B01EZ0X23W/

About the controller, to clarify the situation, the controller uses an usb-c controller to work

It does not work anymore when I plug it to the phone since Android 11

But I have found two workarounds, I have to plug the controller to external power (this fonction is used to charge the phone, controller has no battery since the phone provides the power)

1. When I keep the controller plugged to external power, it works
  2. When I plug/unplug the controller quickly from external power (before the turbopower notification on the phone), the controller keeps working unplugged
Options

3678 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1240 Signins

59355 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2021-09-17, 15:10 PM

@ Maxime_Palmieri wrote:

The Sandisk USB is "Sandisk SDDDC2-032G-G46 USB 3.1". This is the amazon reference : https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B01EZ0X23W/

About the controller, to clarify the situation, the controller uses an usb-c controller to work

But I have found two workarounds, I have to plug the controller to external power (this fonction is used to charge the phone, controller has no battery since the phone provides the power)

2. When I plug/unplug the controller quickly from external power (before the turbopower notification on the phone), the controller keeps working unplugged

Hi, 

We would like to ask for a bug report in order for us to investigate further. The bug report will collect information about your current device state.

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.
6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
7. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the bug report on the forums in a reply.
8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Regards

Sandip

Options

3678 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1240 Signins

59355 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2021-09-17, 15:12 PM

@ Maxime_Palmieri wrote:

Hi, 

We would like to ask for a bug report in order for us to investigate further. The bug report will collect information about your current device state.

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.
6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
7. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the bug report on the forums in a reply.
8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Regards

Sandip

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms