08-16-2019

FI

23 Signins

440 Page Views

• Views: 440
  • Message 1 of 3

Karate chop flashlight

2019-09-06, 20:29 PM

No, it works fine. With a caveat. I use a case on my MOV, nothing special, just a leather one. But the weird part is, the karate chop flashlight function works fine when I have the case lid open (either just loose or flipped to the backside), but does not work when the case is closed. Does the feature somehow use the front camera (or the proximity sensor?) to detect the double chop motion  and that's why it doesn't work when the case is closed as the cover covers the front camera or what  else could be the reason for it not working when the case is closed? Not a huge deal, but another thing that I've come across that found curious.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."
Options

8591 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1018 Signins

135092 Page Views

• Views: 135092
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Karate chop flashlight

2019-09-09, 20:08 PM

Hi DamtheMan,

Thanks for posting. This is normal, it is expected that the feature will not work when you're using a phone case that covers the whole screen - That is because the proximity sensors are responsible for those features. If the whole screen is blocked by the cover, we couldn't be able to activate them. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

18 Posts

08-16-2019

FI

23 Signins

440 Page Views

• Views: 440
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Karate chop flashlight

2019-09-09, 20:11 PM

Thanks for the answer. Good to know I was thinking along the right lines, wondering about the prox sensor.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save