• Views: 264
  • Message 1 of 9

Metadata not displayed on car navigation screen

2019-10-31, 22:04 PM

My problem: metadata is not being displayed on the unit’s navigation screen 

My phone: Motorola One Vision

My car: Subaru Outback 2010

My audio: Kenwood A/V/navigation, model: Y39-5740-11 or FXDA09KLES4

The car unit handles BT music perfectly well. I have had no problems with my previous Lumias 625, 640, 950 and IIRC my wife’s Samsung S3. It works like a charm with Windows Phone 7,8,10. Everything is perfectly functional as intended.

The good news is the BT audio player and phone functionalities are working OK with my new One Vision. It’s just the metatags that won’t work.

Sadly, it only worked once (the second time I connected the phone) and I was never ever able to recreate these conditions and/or steps. 

Since then I read multiple threads and followed multiple ideas – all in vain. It just won’t work again for the life of me.

Clearing BT cache, Clearing BT Data, deleting all BT devices both in car and in phone settings, switching to avrpc 1.3, disabling battery optimization for BT app and its optimization as a whole, various players and settings, having the phone plugged to a charger. And even the PSA29.160-50 update did not help even though it pinpoints “Connectivity improvements”. Neither did the next one

I already followed Matt’s advice to send a Google Drive link to bug report to supportforums@motorola.com but got no confirmation whatsoever.

I found an interesting part in the bug report when I played “Give Me a Sign” song (4 on 11) from “Dear Agony” album by “Breaking Benjamin”:

10-16 16:50:48.360  1002  6293  6293 D NewAvrcpMediaPlayerWrapper:   â”” Current metadata : { mediaId="currsong" title="Give Me a Sign" artist="Breaking Benjamin" album="Dear Agony" duration=257698 trackPosition=4/11 }

The player (PowerAmp) seems to be reading all the tags well but it looks like they are not being sent or sent properly/successfully through BT.

It would be absolutely lovely if this could get fixed. Thank you.

Options

2 Posts

11-01-2019

AR

5 Signins

133 Page Views

• Views: 133
  • Message 2 of 9

Hola Motorola e4 plus xt1775

2019-11-01, 6:56 AM

Problema en la carga.. solo llega 2.70 voltios en la batería y en la entrada 5.2 voltios la entrada sería el pin de. Carga... Alguna página que muestre la información de la placa base sobre la carga??

Options

1557 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

276 Signins

16944 Page Views

• Views: 16944
  • Message 3 of 9

Re: Metadata not displayed on car navigation screen

2019-11-08, 5:27 AM

wrote:

My problem: metadata is not being displayed on the unit’s navigation screen 

My phone: Motorola One Vision

My car: Subaru Outback 2010

My audio: Kenwood A/V/navigation, model: Y39-5740-11 or FXDA09KLES4

The car unit handles BT music perfectly well. I have had no problems with my previous Lumias 625, 640, 950 and IIRC my wife’s Samsung S3. It works like a charm with Windows Phone 7,8,10. Everything is perfectly functional as intended.

The good news is the BT audio player and phone functionalities are working OK with my new One Vision. It’s just the metatags that won’t work.

Sadly, it only worked once (the second time I connected the phone) and I was never ever able to recreate these conditions and/or steps. 

Since then I read multiple threads and followed multiple ideas – all in vain. It just won’t work again for the life of me.

Clearing BT cache, Clearing BT Data, deleting all BT devices both in car and in phone settings, switching to avrpc 1.3, disabling battery optimization for BT app and its optimization as a whole, various players and settings, having the phone plugged to a charger. And even the PSA29.160-50 update did not help even though it pinpoints “Connectivity improvements”. Neither did the next one

I already followed Matt’s advice to send a Google Drive link to bug report to supportforums@motorola.com but got no confirmation whatsoever.

I found an interesting part in the bug report when I played “Give Me a Sign” song (4 on 11) from “Dear Agony” album by “Breaking Benjamin”:

10-16 16:50:48.360  1002  6293  6293 D NewAvrcpMediaPlayerWrapper:   â”” Current metadata : { mediaId="currsong" title="Give Me a Sign" artist="Breaking Benjamin" album="Dear Agony" duration=257698 trackPosition=4/11 }

The player (PowerAmp) seems to be reading all the tags well but it looks like they are not being sent or sent properly/successfully through BT.

It would be absolutely lovely if this could get fixed. Thank you.

Hi Konrad_PL,

Thanks for posting! Certainly, I would like to help you with this. Kindly share a Bug Report for this with Snoop enabled.

Here are the steps:

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]

2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.

3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On

4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On

5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log > Toggle On

6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.

7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.

8. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive

9. Open the File Manager app on your phone and tap on Local on the top right. Browse to internal.

10. Upload the btsnoop_hci.log to your Google Drive as well

11. Share the link to the bug report and btsnoop_hci.log via a private message.

12. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

13. One completed to Settings-> Developer options -> Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log > Toggle Off

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

8 Posts

10-02-2019

PL

25 Signins

264 Page Views

• Message 4 of 9

2019-11-11, 21:32 PM

In case someone had the same idea this post might save them the trouble.

I tested if the Album Artist tag and/or track numbering convention make a difference – they do not.

I tagged the tracks three-fold: “01/13”, “01” and finally “1”. Together with Album Artist tag used or not this gives 6 combinations, none of which was displayed on the screen.

Options

8 Posts

10-02-2019

PL

25 Signins

264 Page Views

• Message 5 of 9

2019-11-20, 17:15 PM

Unfortunately the PSA29.160-50-3 update did not fix the problem but I wasn't expecting it to since the release notes mentioned only security updates.

Options

8 Posts

10-02-2019

PL

25 Signins

264 Page Views

• Message 6 of 9

2019-12-13, 7:43 AM

Well,I was hoping that PSA29.160-55-7 might fix that since it mentioned stability improvements, but it has not made the issue go away.

Apparently it fixed some BT dis/connecting problems for others so maybe the crew is not that far. Still hoping...

Options

8 Posts

10-02-2019

PL

25 Signins

264 Page Views

• Message 7 of 9

2020-01-06, 17:59 PM

Losing hope ...

PSA29.160-55-7-1 did nothing in this regard.

On top of that I had a chance to test OnePlus 6 with Android 10 and the MP3 tags showed up instantly like with my Windows Phone (7,8,10) and older Android (5,7) phones. The said OnePlus was sending MP3 tags properly to a different  car while still on Android 9.

This leads me to a very sad truth that it's not my Subaru nor a Pie but a Motorola problem instead.

My last hopes are that the devs are working on making sure A10 is not as bad as One.

If this is not fixed in A10 this phone will find a different owner and I will buy myself a phone from a manufacturer that can provide a proper piece of software. Such a shame since this is such a nice phone overall. It is troubling to see how Motorola does not give a F about a phone with serious BT issues that sells like crazy in many countries☹️

Options

8 Posts

10-02-2019

PL

25 Signins

264 Page Views

• Message 8 of 9

2020-02-14, 15:29 PM

The issue was not fixed with Android 10! My phone still cannot send metadata to car's audio. It just does not seize to amaze me that Motorola managed to screw up a Android built-in BT module that is working with every other phone I have held. One plus 6t with Android 10 does that flawlessly. That is simply lame, at very best. Never ever Motorola again.

Options

1557 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

276 Signins

16944 Page Views

• Views: 16944
  • Message 9 of 9

2020-02-20, 4:34 AM

wrote:

The issue was not fixed with Android 10! My phone still cannot send metadata to car's audio. It just does not seize to amaze me that Motorola managed to screw up a Android built-in BT module that is working with every other phone I have held. One plus 6t with Android 10 does that flawlessly. That is simply lame, at very best. Never ever Motorola again.

Hi Konrad_PL,

Thanks for letting us know! We would like to look at it as it should have been fixed with Android 10, could you please provide us a fresh Bug report and share it with me? I will immediately update our concerned team.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save