Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michelle81
Fanfold Paper
Views: 835
Message 1 of 7

Mobile data network type greyed out.

Hi,

On my new Motorola One Vision, when I switch on my mobile data i can see it connects to my 4G network (Vodafone UK), but the 4G icon next to the signal strength indicator is greyed out.  I have no internet access. 

If I switch mobile data off and back on sometimes this will work.  A reboot fixes it more reliably but isn't a sensible solution.

I've rebooted into safe mode and still get the same issue.

If I leave my mobile data switched on (which I prefer not to do), it's fine until I switch off the screen.  When I go to re-uae my phone the mobile data icon is greyed out again.

I got the June update a few days after I started using the phone.  I think it was fine before that.

Thanks

Michelle

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 791
Message 2 of 7

Re: Mobile data network type greyed out.

@Michelle81 wrote:

Hi,

On my new Motorola One Vision, when I switch on my mobile data i can see it connects to my 4G network (Vodafone UK), but the 4G icon next to the signal strength indicator is greyed out.  I have no internet access. 

If I switch mobile data off and back on sometimes this will work.  A reboot fixes it more reliably but isn't a sensible solution.

I've rebooted into safe mode and still get the same issue.

If I leave my mobile data switched on (which I prefer not to do), it's fine until I switch off the screen.  When I go to re-uae my phone the mobile data icon is greyed out again.

I got the June update a few days after I started using the phone.  I think it was fine before that.

Thanks

Michelle

Hi.

Thanks for all these details. Would it be possible to keep your mobile data on for a period of time -- a week maybe -- and report on this issue? Having it on and off, etc., makes it tough to really understand what's happening. That way we could better understand if it's a signal strength issue or something else.

Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Thanks,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Michelle81
Fanfold Paper
Views: 765
Message 3 of 7

I tried keeping the mobile data switched on, but when I switch the screen on say after an hour or so, the 4G would be greyed out again.

Later on it'll work perfectly.  Sometimes it'll connect after a few minutes.  No pattern I can see. Very limiting.  ☹️

Nithak
Punch Card
Views: 762
Message 4 of 7

Maybe it was grey when u have wifi connection active???

Michelle81
Fanfold Paper
Views: 760
Message 5 of 7

Sorry,I but was away from home last week with no wifi and the issue still occured.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 710
Message 6 of 7

@Michelle81 wrote:

Sorry,I but was away from home last week with no wifi and the issue still occured.

Hi.

Thanks for the IMEI. Nothing is really jumping out at me here, because you have had 4G coverage 90+ percent of the time for the past couple weeks, with a few exceptions. There are two days when you spent about a quarter of the time in 3G and another when 4G coverage was available about 90% of the time.

You also had WiFi coverage at least 17 hours a day during that time, again, with three days where it was quite low; two to eight hours. 

Do you happen to have the specific dates for the travel you mentioned? It would be useful to match those up. 

The biggest red flag is your signal strength, which is not the best. Using our very general categories, it has averaged 37% of the time Great, 38% of the time Good, and 25% of the time Moderate. Not overwhelming. I suspect that the nature of the signal means it simply could be taking longer to camp onto 4G when you try to reconnect.

Can I ask why you turn Mobile Data off so frequently? Leaving it on could alleviate some of the problems if I'm right about the signal connection issue. 

Regards,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Michelle81
Fanfold Paper
Views: 701
Message 7 of 7

I was away from the 1st to the 6th July.

I keep the mobile data off due to limited amount on my plan.

I have WiFi at home so it's mostly when at work or when out and about I use the 4G.

I did notice yesterday that the 4G connects straight away if I make a call.

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors