10-10-2019

DE

2 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 1 of 5

Moto One Vision - NFC not working

2019-10-10, 17:03 PM

Anything new on the NFC issue after the security update in spring?

One of the main  reasons to buy my new Motorola one vision was the NFC, mainly for Google pay... And now it does not work neither Google pay nor for the payment app of my bank ?

The NFC is working for other purposes but not for paying... Really annoying...I am considering returning the device to the retailer

When will this be fixed?

Edit: Moved to MOV community - Changed the title for clarity - Rich

Options

8 Posts

04-02-2019

BE

19 Signins

247 Page Views

• Views: 247
  • Message 2 of 5

2019-10-10, 20:51 PM

In my case, the problem was app related. An update of the app used for wireless payments solved the problem.

Options

2 Posts

10-10-2019

DE

2 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 3 of 5

2019-10-11, 5:58 AM

Both apps concerned are up to date ?

Options

4 Posts

12-12-2019

GB

4 Signins

53 Page Views

• Views: 53
  • Message 4 of 5

Re: Moto One Vision - NFC not working

2019-12-13, 1:56 AM
I had to turn on the Bluetooth and the NFC together to use Google Pay, trialled it a McDonalds drive through, cost a couple cups of coffee to drive through twice to get it to work.
Options

2 Posts

03-05-2020

CH

4 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 5 of 5

Re:Moto One Vision - NFC not working

2020-05-25, 19:39 PM

Hello,

Just got a Motorola One Hyper, so different than the One Vision, but since it is the same family I think they share a lot in the Android customization.

So mine was also working fine for basic NFC purpose (connection to other device - my car radio for ex), but it was failing in every shop I tried to pay with Google Pay.

I searched a lot and found that help page in the Google doc about issues for paying: https://support.google.com/pay/answer/7643995

Steps 1&2 are for dummies, but Step 3 was very interesting ... In fact I installed Google Pay on that phone and did the setup to register a card, and ... that's all ... I assumed (wrongly) that it would automatically set Google Pay as the default app for payment.

In my mind that was obvious since I didn't installed any other payment app (like those from my different banks for example), but then I decided to check for that settings myself.

As searched on other forum, the settings is here: Settings > Apps & Notifications > Special app access (in Advanced) > Tap and Pay

(note: my android is not in English, so I tried to translate it correctly, but it may be named a little bit differently).

The trick in my case is that the Tap and Pay option was not present in my case ! Hopefully I decided to still search for it (using the magnifying tool in the settings) and tried for pay (strangely nothing came up) and then tap and here bingo, the settings was found.

Clicking on it I could confirm that the default app was set to Universal Integrated Circuit Card (UICC), which I changed to Google Pay, and then went directly to a shop and tested it.

Payment then passed like a charm !

Check and try this on your side.

Regards,

Yann.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save