US

3 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 1 of 5

Moto One Vision - not syncing camera with Google Photos

2019-08-13, 5:37 AM

Hi, all...

Got a brand new Moto One Vision from Amazon last week, and everything worked great, until I tried looking at the pictures in Google Photos. I figured, "something is broken on this one," and Amazon exchanged it with no mucking about. I pulled the new one out of the package a few hours ago, and same thing; pictures taken, no uploading happening.

They exist, all right, when you go into Device Folders> Camera, but the Back up & sync funtion is not working properly.

Oddly enough, if I go to individual phots in Camera, I can manually upload pics by hitting the cloud icon. It works, but...

Any suggestions?

The device is up to date, running Android 9, PSA29.97-13-9

I have Photos set to High Quality (free unlimited storage), over WiFi only (connnected to the network without any problems).

Options

17931 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2249 Signins

54002 Page Views

• Views: 54002
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Moto One Vision - not syncing camera with Google Photos

2019-08-14, 14:52 PM

Hi.

This is very likely a settings issue - probably not necessary to exchange the phone. The first thing I would do, if it's not a huge expense (not sure what kind of plan you have), is to test it on mobile data to see if it syncs then.

The second thing would be to check storage. On my Backup & sync page, under BACKUP ACCOUNT, it shows my account photo, like yours, but also my email address and a slider showing the available and used storage memory. I'm wondering why yours doesn't provide that.

Let me know if either of these areas reveals anything. Thanks.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

3 Posts

08-13-2019

US

3 Signins

38 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2019-08-14, 17:41 PM

Tried switching over to backup on mobile data, and no change.

Tried doing it with "Unlimited" (where there was a button to buy more storage space), and "Full Quality" (and I got the slider measuring how much online storage I had). And still no backing up.

Sorry, the reason you didn't see an email address next to the profile pic was because I'm a little paranoid about posting my email publicly, so I used Pixlr to white it out.

Playing around with it, though, I found that if I go to Device folders> Camera and drag/select the photos, and use the upper right-hand menu to Back up now, it works. It's not as idiot-proof as an auto-backup, but it'll work.

Thanks for taking the time. I imagine it's just a glitch that will correct itself in an update or two...

Options

3 Posts

08-13-2019

US

3 Signins

38 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2019-08-15, 0:27 AM

Weird solution to a weird problem!

Stopped into a sport bar after work with some friends, logged onto their WiFi network, and the backup started working...

Used the Free up space option in Google Photos.

Took a few more photos once I left, and when I got home, the backup and sync worked just fine.

And the pictures are pretty good, too.

Options

17931 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2249 Signins

54002 Page Views

• Views: 54002
  • Message 5 of 5

2019-08-15, 16:09 PM

Glad it's working, and agree about the photo!

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save