BR

15 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 21 of 30

Re:Moto One Vision reboot problem

2020-05-09, 14:41 PM

Hello Matt,

I followed your advice on the 5th, and hadn't had any restarts until just now when my phone crashed as i tried to connect whatsapp for web from my chomebook. Whatsapp crashed twice more and i had to restart the phone but it seems ok now. 

Thank you for your help. My warranty runs out in June. Do you think i should take it in? Have you heard anything about motorola extending warranties as the service workshop is closed due to Covid?

R

Options

8 Posts

09-12-2019

HU

12 Signins

92 Page Views

• Views: 92
  • Message 22 of 30

2020-05-11, 11:46 AM

Hi Matt, 
I have filled out my profile with the device information and I also enabled the diagnostic option in the Motorola Privacy section of the system settings. 
I also noticed a new constantly crashing app: Google Photos. But it nodes not cause reboot now. And it only happens with the owner user. With the guest user the crash of the same app does not happen. 

Options

10 Posts

04-17-2020

BR

15 Signins

65 Page Views

• Message 23 of 30

2020-05-12, 10:11 AM

Another crash again this morning when opening Whatsapp. Its an essential app for me.

Options

19088 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2337 Signins

57462 Page Views

• Views: 57462
  • Message 24 of 30

2020-05-13, 15:31 PM

@ ryankcsp wrote:

Hello Matt,

I followed your advice on the 5th, and hadn't had any restarts until just now when my phone crashed as i tried to connect whatsapp for web from my chomebook. Whatsapp crashed twice more and i had to restart the phone but it seems ok now. 

Thank you for your help. My warranty runs out in June. Do you think i should take it in? Have you heard anything about motorola extending warranties as the service workshop is closed due to Covid?

R

Hi.

Can you walk me through what this means? What are the steps you take to "connect whatsapp for web from my chomebook."

Make sure the apps are updated. I would also check the WhatsApp reviews to see if there are others reporting the same issue.

Regarding repair, I doubt it's hardware and if it's just a matter of resetting the phone you can do that without sending it in. I suspect an app issue, either with WhatsApp or some other app interfering. But if this is some kind of BT connection, it could be that. Need more information.

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

10 Posts

04-17-2020

BR

15 Signins

65 Page Views

• Message 25 of 30

2020-07-27, 17:34 PM

Hello Matt, the reboot/panic problem has returned and additionally many of the native apps are constantly giving errors. I clear the cache, reset to factory, and update and the fail again. They even fail in safe mode. Especially google play store, chrome, web services, and the worst is google x enrollment. 

I have completed a hard reset 2 or 3 times. Same problems reappear almost immediately.

Can you have a look around and tell me what you think? 

Thanks

RYan

Options

10 Posts

04-17-2020

BR

15 Signins

65 Page Views

• Message 26 of 30

Random Reboots

2020-08-02, 14:23 PM

The reboot/panic problem has returned and additionally many of the native apps are constantly giving errors. I clear the cache, reset to factory, and update and they fail again. They even fail in safe mode. Especially google play store, chrome, web services, and the worst is google x enrollment. 

I have completed a hard reset 2 or 3 times. Same problems reappear almost immediately.

Thanks

RYan

Options

19088 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2337 Signins

57462 Page Views

• Views: 57462
  • Message 27 of 30

2020-08-03, 19:00 PM

@ ryankcsp wrote:

The reboot/panic problem has returned and additionally many of the native apps are constantly giving errors. I clear the cache, reset to factory, and update and they fail again. They even fail in safe mode. Especially google play store, chrome, web services, and the worst is google x enrollment. 

Thanks

RYan

Hi.

Yes, I can see it. Tons of app crashes. If you haven't interfered with the phone's software there are not a lot of options other than repair.

One thing to try is to do a Factory Data Reset without restoring apps. You may as well try it as it will be reflashed in repair anyway. Then, if possible, be cautious about adding apps back on. Try to do a few at a time, and wait a day or two to see if the phone resumes crashing. This approach gives you a much batter chance of identifying the problem app. (In general, apps in wide use are likely safe. It's the unusual app that causes issues.

Regards,

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

2 Posts

08-03-2020

AF

2 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 28 of 30

2020-08-03, 19:07 PM

I need a copy of the latest software so I can update from the sd card.

Phone is stuck in corrupt data loop.

I have a years worth of photos of my premature twin daughters throughout there hospital journey that I really dont want to lose.

Please help me !! 😥😥😥😥

Options

10 Posts

04-17-2020

BR

15 Signins

65 Page Views

• Message 29 of 30

2020-08-03, 22:49 PM
Thanks for getting back to me Matt. That's what I feared. I'll try another factory reset and add apps back slowly, but every other time the Google play store and others start crashing pretty quickly. Unfortunately, leaving the phone for repair during this pandemic is not an option. Ryan
Options

10 Posts

04-17-2020

BR

15 Signins

65 Page Views

• Message 30 of 30

2020-08-29, 10:59 AM

Hello Matt, 

So here is the update. I contacted the Motorola service shop here in my area (Sao Paulo, Brasil) in mid-July and was told warranties were extended until quarantine was over here. So i thought i would wait, last weekend the phone began to restart/panic constantly until the point it re-set itself to factory and i lost all my data and most importantly-bank permissions. I scheduled to take the phone in this last Wednesday and was told Motorola Brasil changed its mind and my warranty expired last week- Convenient!! 

They wanted close to 40% of the original price to diagnose and "reinstall the software" as they called it and would make no guarantees that would solve the problem. I declined.

I am assuming they would just reflash the original ROM. Is that correct? 

Do you think that may be a solution or does it sound like hardware?

Maybe replace the battery as they are still cheap and see if that solves it?  

Also- the native apps crash and the phone panics/restarts within minutes after a factory reset with zero 3rd party apps installed and not connected to wifi or data, and even in safe mode. 

Thanks for you time in responding

Ryan

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete