DK

24 Signins

162 Page Views

• Views: 162
  • Message 1 of 6

Moto action on one vision disable itself

2019-07-22, 16:42 PM

Hello,

There is unfortunately another annoying issue with my one vision which is the Moto actions disables itself/becomes inactive, which means that none of Moto actions functionality become available (shaking the mobile for camera function, flash light, and most importantly seeing the notifications on the screen while the mobile inactive). The only way than to revive the function is to reboot the phone and everything is back to normal, only to again become inactive after some hours. I would greatly appreciate it if you would help me with this matter.

Regards

Mikki 

Options

17912 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2247 Signins

53802 Page Views

• Views: 53802
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Moto action on one vision disable itself

2019-07-23, 14:21 PM

wrote:

Hello,

There is unfortunately another annoying issue with my one vision which is the Moto actions disables itself/becomes inactive, which means that none of Moto actions functionality become available (shaking the mobile for camera function, flash light, and most importantly seeing the notifications on the screen while the mobile inactive). The only way than to revive the function is to reboot the phone and everything is back to normal, only to again become inactive after some hours. I would greatly appreciate it if you would help me with this matter.

Regards

Mikki 

Hi Mikki.

When you go to the Moto app, are the features turned off when this happens? Or do they still appear to be on?

Can you test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up.

Thanks,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

8 Posts

07-12-2019

DK

24 Signins

162 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2019-07-24, 15:09 PM
Hello again Matt
And thank you again for your reply. To answer your questions, all the features are still on when this issue happens. I am now, as I am with writing to you, in the safe mode and the Moto actions are again active, but it is of no surprise since the phone restarted itself in order to start the safe mode, and as I wrote in my first post in here this is the only way to activate Moto actions again (also it disables itself again after a while). What do you think might cause this issue, and perhaps there is solution (reinstalling the app somehow?).
Thank you once again and look forward to your reply.
Regards
Options

8 Posts

07-12-2019

DK

24 Signins

162 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2019-08-05, 11:35 AM
Hello again Matt,

Just wanted to ask if you have any news regarding this ongoing issue since I have not heard any reply from your side for while now.
Thanks again
Regards
Options

17912 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2247 Signins

53802 Page Views

• Views: 53802
  • Message 5 of 6

2019-08-05, 18:43 PM

wrote:
Hello again Matt,

Just wanted to ask if you have any news regarding this ongoing issue since I have not heard any reply from your side for while now.
Thanks again
Regards

Hmmm. I just can't see anything that might be causing this, so it could be hardware. Can we try again for a bug report? Next time the Moto Actions stop working, please take a report. (Not as difficult as it looks. Do the first 4 steps now.)

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled and will show in your Settings menu.
3. Go to Settings > Developer options > Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings > Developer options > Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings > Developer options > Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
7. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and share the link to the Bug Report via an email to supportforums@motorola.com, and include a note referring to this post so we know what it refers to.
8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Thanks!

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

33 Posts

04-17-2015

BR

248 Signins

2299 Page Views

• Views: 2299
  • Message 6 of 6

2019-08-06, 23:46 PM
I too have this very same issue. I can add a few hints to it, perhaps. First, I can confirm that Moto Actions and Moto Screen settings remain unchanged, and changing them will not do anything.
At least in my case it always happened under specific circumstances: over the last few days I put my device in airplane mode when I went to sleep, and the mentioned problem happened overnight when the phone was not in use (not even charging). Also, it only happened after the July 1st update.
I will take a bug report first thing after it happens again and then report back.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save