Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dieorange
SCSI Port
Views: 221
Message 1 of 12

Motorola Help Diagnostic Bug

Hi just want you to inform bout a bug with the Hardware GPS Test in the Motorola Help App. With my other Moto Devices the GPS runs well and the Test works. With the Motorola One Vision the GPS Test founds 0 satellites and shows it could be a Hardware Problem. But Google Maps and other apps with Locations works as it should. 

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 152
Message 2 of 12

Re: Motorola Help Diagnostic Bug

@dieorange wrote:

Hi just want you to inform bout a bug with the Hardware GPS Test in the Motorola Help App. With my other Moto Devices the GPS runs well and the Test works. With the Motorola One Vision the GPS Test founds 0 satellites and shows it could be a Hardware Problem. But Google Maps and other apps with Locations works as it should. 

Thanks for reporting. Is the GPS test still "spinning" when you exit it, or does it stop? (Spinning arrow like it's still searching.)

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
dieorange
SCSI Port
Views: 138
Message 3 of 12

It stops with a red sign + contact option. like i said, gps seems to work without a problem

Motorola Admin
Views: 131
Message 4 of 12

@dieorange wrote:

It stops with a red sign + contact option. like i said, gps seems to work without a problem

Many thanks. And can you confirm that you conducted the test outdoors, away from buildings and trees? 

Just want to have the details I know our engineers will want. Smiley Wink

Regards,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Luhka
Paper Tape
Views: 127
Message 5 of 12

My GPS Test failed too. (Outside and indoor) Google Maps works.
dieorange
SCSI Port
Views: 124
Message 6 of 12

Yes outside too.

Highlighted
LeylaLevis
Paper Tape
Views: 108
Message 7 of 12

Hi Matt.

I've got this phone for a week now and I have the same problem.

As long as I am close to buildings, it works fine. As soon as I am further away from anything (namely out hiking), my GPS can't be found anymore. That is true for inside of the woods (with my moto4x it worked eprfectly fine in those conditions) as well as when I'm in open fields.

Seems like if someone got WiFi fairly close by, it is able to find me. If not - dead in the water.

Is it assured, that a repairing of the phone helps with this issue, if that GPS finding problem is so common (as far as I read since the new android version)?

Motorola Admin
Views: 92
Message 8 of 12

@LeylaLevis wrote:

Hi Matt.

I've got this phone for a week now and I have the same problem.

As long as I am close to buildings, it works fine. As soon as I am further away from anything (namely out hiking), my GPS can't be found anymore. That is true for inside of the woods (with my moto4x it worked eprfectly fine in those conditions) as well as when I'm in open fields.

Seems like if someone got WiFi fairly close by, it is able to find me. If not - dead in the water.

Is it assured, that a repairing of the phone helps with this issue, if that GPS finding problem is so common (as far as I read since the new android version)?

Hi.

It's not clear to me that you have the same problem. The others here say Maps, etc., work fine and only the GPS test in the Help app is failing. Can you confirm the same?

Thanks,

- Matt

LeylaLevis
Paper Tape
Views: 87
Message 9 of 12

Maybe it isn't. My location (apps) work fine while in the city. The second I don't have houses nearby, it doesn't. At all. Assisted GPS, is that a thing?

And the diagnostic also says 0 satellites found. Yes, I waited for the end of the loading screen of that diagnostic.

Sebastian12313
Paper Tape
Views: 58
Message 10 of 12

My GPS is litteraly dead Smiley Very Happy, Google maps work only with option to use WiFi as help to locate my device, Hardware test says that there are no satelites connected to my device, other apps doesnt work. Was testing it in the city near buildings and in open field without anything nearby. Sometimes device is connecting and GPS works but just for a few minutes.

Top Kudoed Authors