Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sebastian12313
Paper Tape
Views: 3,157
Message 1 of 15

Motorola One Vision - GPS Location problem

I bought Motorola One Vision  about one week ago, phone is very good and everything works well but there is problem with GPS. I've noticed it using apps that use GPS (running and navigation). Phone cant find GPS signal, every app shows that there is no GPS. I checked if location is turned on, also i've granted permissions to every app to use location service. After runing hardware test in moto help it detected problem with GPS and it says that there is 0 satelites connected to my device. I've tested all options inside house and outside. On other phone everything works perfectly fine. Please help my with fixing this issue, GPS location is very important for me since i travel alot.

Sebastian12313
Paper Tape
Views: 3,039
Message 2 of 15

Re: Motorola One Vision - GPS Location problem

After second reset of settings and wiping out all data GPS works now since 2 hours. Going to test it today and tommorow while runing. I think that issue was caused by importing account data and settings from google while loging into google account. After second reset of the phone i havent done that and now GPS seems to work. After first reset i imported all data from google and it wasnt working.

PieterB
Paper Tape
Views: 2,660
Message 3 of 15

@Sebastion12313

Is your GPS problem still solved, or did it returned?

I have the same and want it to be solved.

--------------
Motorola One Vision
Previous: Nokia 7 plus, Moto X 2015, Moto X, ...
LizardCZ
Paper Tape
Views: 2,604
Message 4 of 15

I would like to refresh this topic because my GPS fix is really really slow or even impossible until I restart the phone.

GhettoLevis
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,591
Message 5 of 15

Same problem here. Pre-ordered the phone for my wife, but the first time she went hiking, she noticed that the GPS wouldn't work. Did some tests, but the Moto Help app wouldn't get a GPS connection (in the same spot where her Moto Z4 found 5-7 satellite connections).

So, we reset the phone, in the hope that it would fix it.

First reset (with WiFi Connection, no user data) didn't fix the problem.

Second reset (no WiFi Connection, no user data, just clean install) didn't fix the problem.

Apparently something must be wrong with the hardware, so we ordered a new phone from Amazon.

Today, I unpacked the new phone. Set it up without WiFi or personal data, started Moto Help to test GPS, and voilá: No GPS found. Moto Z4 next to it finds 5 satellites.

Just to make sure, I connect the new phone to WiFi, to download the june security patch - which wasn't yet available, because obviously it's only July. No updates at all, so I tried resetting the new device. Tried a different language. Result? Same result, different language.

Now, either we got two defective phones in a row, or it's a problem with the software. Since we're not content with waiting for patches that may or may not fix the problem, we'll return the phone - even though we really liked it.

PieterB
Paper Tape
Views: 2,577
Message 6 of 15

I did a reset without restoring any data and this solved my problem like mentioned in the second post.

I had before only after several minuten a gps link. Now I have it directly.

--------------
Motorola One Vision
Previous: Nokia 7 plus, Moto X 2015, Moto X, ...
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 2,574
Message 7 of 15

Hi.

Appreciate the information provided here and by some members. We will have software in an upcoming update that will address this GPS issue. 

Thanks again for your help in understanding this and getting a patch!

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Highlighted
GhettoLevis
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,547
Message 8 of 15

@MattForumsMngr

Appreciate the information provided here and by some members. We will have software in an upcoming update that will address this GPS issue. 

Is there a rough ETA on that? We'd like to keep the phone, but we also don't want to wait weeks or months for a patch that may or may not fix a major issue on a brand new phone.

LizardCZ
Paper Tape
Views: 2,537
Message 9 of 15

I hope it would be soon as some users are already reporting getting a June patch. And for example my previous Motorola One is really receiving an update each month regularly. 

marcwittke
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,271
Message 10 of 15

Top Kudoed Authors