Options

51 Posts

02-28-2020

IN

32 Signins

240 Page Views

• Views: 240
  • Message 1 of 6

Motorola One Vision (Indian Version) VO-WIFI SERVICES LOST AFTER UPGRADE TO ANDROID 10

2020-09-24, 15:00 PM

Motorola One Vision (Indian Version) VO-WIFI SERVICES LOST AFTER UPGRADE TO ANDROID 10 (THOUGH SETTINGS ARE STILL AVAILABLE)

Hi Suman,

Good Evening!

As the title says, Vo-WIFI services have been lost after the upgrade to Android 10, for Airtel & JIO, despite being available in Settings. And no, this is not a carrier related issue. Since

on the same carrier, with the same SIM card, it worked perfectly fine with Android 9. Also, if it's not supposed to work (which I don't see why), WHY are the options for VoLTE AND 

Vo-WIFI (which is highly carrier dependent) still available in Settings?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining they are available. It's a very good thing that they are. I'm just trying to understand why they are not being enabled anymore, despite of 

everything looking good.

VOLTE & WIFI Calling services are enabled. Just not currently active, probably because the ROM is lacking the actual implementation for these particular carriers.

In my opinion, this is very much a bug. Could, you, please, fix it?

Options

2786 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

372 Signins

25935 Page Views

• Views: 25935
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:Motorola One Vision (Indian Version) VO-WIFI SERVICES LOST AFTER UPGRADE TO ANDROID 10

2020-09-25, 11:09 AM

@ Motoupdate wrote:

Motorola One Vision (Indian Version) VO-WIFI SERVICES LOST AFTER UPGRADE TO ANDROID 10 (THOUGH SETTINGS ARE STILL AVAILABLE)

Hi Suman,

Good Evening!

As the title says, Vo-WIFI services have been lost after the upgrade to Android 10, for Airtel & JIO, despite being available in Settings. And no, this is not a carrier related issue. Since

on the same carrier, with the same SIM card, it worked perfectly fine with Android 9. Also, if it's not supposed to work (which I don't see why), WHY are the options for VoLTE AND 

Vo-WIFI (which is highly carrier dependent) still available in Settings?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining they are available. It's a very good thing that they are. I'm just trying to understand why they are not being enabled anymore, despite of 

everything looking good.

VOLTE & WIFI Calling services are enabled. Just not currently active, probably because the ROM is lacking the actual implementation for these particular carriers.

In my opinion, this is very much a bug. Could, you, please, fix it?

I understand what you mean. I would like to inform you that this device supports Airtel and Vodafone VoLTE, however, doesn't support Wi-Fi calling for now. 

The phone is not listed by the carrier as supporting these features, so it's not going to work, even if both the phone and the network are capable. This device is not certified by Airtel and Vodafone.

I hope this clears.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

51 Posts

02-28-2020

IN

32 Signins

240 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

Re:Motorola One Vision (Indian Version) VO-WIFI SERVICES LOST AFTER UPGRADE TO ANDROID 10

2020-09-25, 12:21 PM
Hi Suman, Thanks for your reply. Please let me know why Motorola India is not asking Jio and Airtel to provide Vowifi support for this device.
Options

51 Posts

02-28-2020

IN

32 Signins

240 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2020-09-25, 12:24 PM
I have a official email from Airtel and Jio which states that there network is well capable to provide Vo-LTE and VoWifi services however your device manufacturer needs to provide an update for using this feature in moto one vision.
Options

51 Posts

02-28-2020

IN

32 Signins

240 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2020-09-25, 12:25 PM
Hi Suman, Operators blame Moto India and Moto India blames Operators (Jio and Airtel)
Options

2786 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

372 Signins

25935 Page Views

• Views: 25935
  • Message 6 of 6

2020-09-28, 9:51 AM

@ Motoupdate wrote:

Hi Suman,Operators blame Moto India and Moto India blames Operators (Jio and Airtel)

I really appreciate your efforts and understand your concern. I will take this as feedback and will make sure to report this to our concerned team.

If there is any update on this, I will get back to you.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete