Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mikki_N
Fanfold Paper
Views: 495
Message 1 of 20

Motorola vision spontaneous shut down

Hello. My vision one has been having problem with spontaneous shut down where the only solution is a reboot. This is troubling because I might miss important calls if the phone is shut without me being aware. Could someone please help with this matter/suggestions? Thank you in advance!

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 468
Message 2 of 20

Re: Motorola vision spontaneous shut down

@Mikki_N wrote:

Hello. My vision one has been having problem with spontaneous shut down where the only solution is a reboot. This is troubling because I might miss important calls if the phone is shut without me being aware. Could someone please help with this matter/suggestions? Thank you in advance!

Hi.

So, you are finding that the phone is just shutting off on its own? Do you see it happen, or just find that it's off?

Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Thanks -- glad to look into this.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Highlighted
Mikki_N
Fanfold Paper
Views: 430
Message 3 of 20

Hello Matt,

And thank you for your prompt reply. As to your question, yes the phone simply shuts down itself whitout my knowledge, and it comes as a surprise when I pick the phone up and it's all shut down. This has now happened in 5 occasions. This, as you surely understand, is very concerning (missing important calls without knowledge, etc.).
I have now, per your request, updated my personal information, although my carrier was not listed (t is called "oister" which is part of the 3 mobile in Denmark).

Thank you again, and look forward to your reply and help with this matter.

Regards
scholz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 398
Message 4 of 20

Hello Matt, I have the exact same problem as Mikki_N and it has happend two times already in less than a week.
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 397
Message 5 of 20

@scholz wrote:
Hello Matt, I have the exact same problem as Mikki_N and it has happend two times already in less than a week.

Can you follow the same request I made above?

For both of you, if you can possibly provide dates (and if know, times and timezone) when this has happened, it could help.

Thanks.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
scholz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 388
Message 6 of 20

Hello Matt,

My phone does not reboot at the moment so I can not look at the information of serial number, but I have updated the other personal information. But what do I do to turn the phone on?

It happend on Friday approximately around 4 pm , and today around the same hour and the time zone is +01 h, WE time (Paris, Berlin etc.)

Thank you very much for your help

Regards,

Mikki_N
Fanfold Paper
Views: 373
Message 7 of 20

Hello again Matt,

I think mine's latest shut down happened the same day as scholz, although I can't be 100% certain. The only solution is to take note the next time it happens and post the time and day in here for you. The time is WE time (Paris, Berlin etc.). Scholz, in order to reboot you need to hold the power button down for almost 5 to 8 seconds, release it, and push the power button again (that's how it works for me anyways).
Coincidentally Matt, I just read a report that many 1plus pro mobiles have the same issues and that is why 1plus is about to send an update/patch to take care of this problem. Is it an Android pie related problem?
Looking forward to your reply
Regards
scholz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 370
Message 8 of 20

Hello,

The other time I plugged it into the wall and pressed the power button for almost 7 or 10 seconds, but that is not working for me now, and what you have said now does not work either, but thank you very much anyway

UPDATE I just pressed it for almost 10 or 20 seconds (and it was plugged into the wall) and now it turned on 

Mikki_N
Fanfold Paper
Views: 365
Message 9 of 20

Sorry to hear that. Let us hope that Matt and his co-workers can find a solution because this is certainly not a good PR (although I really like the phone...)
scholz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 354
Message 10 of 20

Hello Matt,

Thank you for your response. I finally rebooted it (I updated my previous message) and have updated all the personal information.

And ,yes, Mikki_N, it is very incovenient. The phone is great, but this is very concerning. At the moment having a functioning phone is essential for me.

Top Kudoed Authors