Did you mean: 
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 325
Message 11 of 20

Re: Motorola vision spontaneous shut down

@scholz wrote:

Hello Matt,

Thank you for your response. I finally rebooted it (I updated my previous message) and have updated all the personal information.

And ,yes, Mikki_N, it is very incovenient. The phone is great, but this is very concerning. At the moment having a functioning phone is essential for me.

Hi again.

Very glad you are up and running. What was your battery level when this happened?

Can I ask you each to provide a bug report after the next incident like this? I promise it's not as difficult as it looks!

Please do Steps 1 - 4 now, and then get the bug report after the next incident.

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled and will show in your Settings menu.
3. Go to Settings > Developer options > Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings > Developer options > Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings > Developer options > Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
7. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport via an email to supportforums@motorola.com, and include a note referring to this post so we know what it refers to.
8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Thanks!

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
scholz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 306
Message 12 of 20

Hello Matt,

I do not know exactly the level of battery I had, but I think it was around 50% or 60% maybe.

I do not understand enterly the point 4, I do not know what to do to make the shortcut, I only see an option that says "Show a button in the power menu to create a bug report"

Do you know what could may be the cause of the problems?

Thanks

Bharathi1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 278
Message 13 of 20

I too have the same problem....my phone reboots(soft) itself while using it.this happens frequently.I have resetted it several times bt the problem continues.I hope u can solve this one 🙂

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 266
Message 14 of 20

@scholz wrote:

Hello Matt,

I do not know exactly the level of battery I had, but I think it was around 50% or 60% maybe.

I do not understand enterly the point 4, I do not know what to do to make the shortcut, I only see an option that says "Show a button in the power menu to create a bug report"

Do you know what could may be the cause of the problems?

Thanks

If you turn that on (the shortcut in the power menu) then you will be able to trigger a bug report more easily. You will be able to press your power button, and a along with "Power off," "Restart," etc., you will have an option for "Take a bug report." Then when this happens again you can just select that option. 

Thanks.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 265
Message 15 of 20

@Bharathi1 wrote:

I too have the same problem....my phone reboots(soft) itself while using it.this happens frequently.I have resetted it several times bt the problem continues.I hope u can solve this one 🙂

Hi.

This actually sounds different. The previous owners are finding their phones off. Yours is rebooting so it's not off, correct? How do you know it rebooted -- what are you seeing and what are the circumstances around it?

Can I ask you to please read through the thread and follow all the instructions and answer the questions already posted? Provide you IMEI in your profile, take a bug report, etc.?

Thanks,

- Matt

Bharathi1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 260
Message 16 of 20

While using the phone it reboots itself ...the screen showing Android one and then Motorola and then the lock screen .this whole process takes just 5 to 7 seconds.i have already updated my profile with my IMEI number and sent you a bug report already.thank you.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 204
Message 17 of 20

@Bharathi1 wrote:

While using the phone it reboots itself ...the screen showing Android one and then Motorola and then the lock screen .this whole process takes just 5 to 7 seconds.i have already updated my profile with my IMEI number and sent you a bug report already.thank you.

Thanks, got the bug report and IMEI. I can see a lot more from your data but again, doesn't look like these other reports. Let me get these things to an engineer.

Mikki_N and scholz, are you able to provide bug reports?

- Matt

scholz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 196
Message 18 of 20

Hello Matt,

It has not happend again since Monday, but when it does I will send the bug report.

Thank you very much for the help

Bharathi1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 195
Message 19 of 20

Ok thank you Matt.hoping for a good solution because I'm little bit worried about this one.find a solution ASAP :-)

Mikki_N
Fanfold Paper
Views: 144
Message 20 of 20

Hey Matt,
You'll get it as soon as it happens again (hopefully never ever...)
Thank you for your support!
Regards
Top Kudoed Authors