08-16-2019

RU

2 Signins

43 Page Views

• Views: 43
  • Message 1 of 2

Network issue

2019-08-16, 8:53 AM

Hello to all. I bought a new XT1970-01, I use a Megafone operator in Russia. From the first days, the network disappears - and even does not see it near the base station. it can hang like that without a signal for 10-60 minutes then it finds and slowly dials a signal from G to 4G

whats happening?

• Moved to new thread, IMEI put in your profile to protect your security. - Matt
Options

17912 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2247 Signins

53802 Page Views

• Views: 53802
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Network issue

2019-08-16, 13:40 PM

wrote:

Hello to all. I bought a new XT1970-01, I use a Megfone operator in Russia. From the first days, the network disappears - and even does not see it near the base station. it can hang like that without a signal for 10-60 minutes then it finds and slowly dials a signal from G to 4G

whats happening?

• Moved to new thread, IMEI put in your profile to protect your security. - Matt

Hi.

That is a phone intended for the Latin America region, so given the differences in radio bands, it is not surprising if it doesn't work properly in Russia. You can usually check the bands on the carrier against the phone bands (they are posted with the specifications on the regional website) to see if they are compatible.

We never recommend buying a phone in one region for ongoing use in another for this reason. Additionally, you cannot get warranty support for the phone except in the country or region of intended sale. You may want to return it and get one that is intended for your region, if you can.

Regards and good luck!

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save