Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola one Phonesmotorola one vision
All Forum Topics
Options

132 Posts

12-22-2017

United States of America

108 Signins

1051 Page Views

• Views: 1051
  • Message 41 of 50

Re:No Security Update Since 1 December 2019

2020-06-11, 11:39 AM
You could go to the Mobile assistant online and download it and hook your phone up to the computer. Make sure you have developer mode on your phone. Just tap the build number 10 times And make sure USB debugging is on and try to see if you can flash new updates on it . Hope this helps you
John caron
Options

5 Posts

03-22-2020

Canada

5 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 42 of 50

2020-06-12, 5:28 AM

Well well well, this phone looks to be the subject of outright lies and marketing scam....https://www.android.com/one/

This phone is NOT approved in Android One, yet the carriers are copy pasting Motorola's claim for being a Monthy updated phone as Android One. I am contacting the BBB about this and will never touch a Motorola product so as long as my heart keeps beating. Just got to Google and they provide the phones that are official. Again the One Vision IS NOT ANDROID ONE CERTIFIED despite the false advertising claims published right on their official website. I demand a refund for this phone, it is time use users take a class action against scams like this. No wonder I still don't have the update even though I was promised 2 days ago it was now available on Koodo, what a laugh, even lied about that because Koodo has no such record of an update push from Motorola. Bye bye Chinese scum company

It really was odd in my mind why Google never forced Moto to release at least the SECURITY PATCH. Because this is not an Android One Phone according to Google.

Motorola You Are In Breach of the the consumer marketing agreement.

Your own website guarantee .... which is a legally binding term!

“Enjoy three years of monthly security updates, plus guaranteed software upgrades to the latest version of Android One.”

or Koodo’s website (which you provide to the phone companies):

“Secure and up to date. Stay protected with 3 years of monthly security updates, and have the latest version of Android One with guaranteed upgrades.”

Options

4 Posts

06-13-2020

Canada

3 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 43 of 50

2020-06-13, 18:53 PM

Wow. I checked and only the Moto One Action is an Android One device. I guess from now on I have to double check when something is advertised as being part of the Android One program... No wonder I am stuck on December 2019 update. How is this even legal? 

Options

132 Posts

12-22-2017

United States of America

108 Signins

1051 Page Views

• Views: 1051
  • Message 44 of 50

2020-06-13, 19:55 PM
Covid 19 I'm sure had a lot to do with it
John caron
Options

24 Posts

11-23-2019

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

21 Signins

283 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 283
  • Message 45 of 50

2020-06-14, 0:15 AM
The one vision is shown on the android one website but you need to make sure you are using the correct region on the website as it only shows devices available in the region selected. The one vision has been receiving monthly updates but due to carrier variant differences and firmware approval testing some models in different regions and carriers have been held back and with everything going on in the world at the moment it has made the delays even longer.
Options

4 Posts

06-13-2020

Canada

3 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 46 of 50

2020-06-18, 3:08 AM
The update for my carrier and region variant has been pushed but I haven't received it.
Options

2 Posts

06-22-2020

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 47 of 50

2020-06-22, 18:11 PM

Well this thread has been a bit of a revelation.  Like many others I have two Moto One Visions, mine has updated to Android 10 and Security Patch May 2020.  The second, my wifes bought two months later, is still on Android 9 and Security Patch December 2019.  Tried workarounds like updating with SIM removed (GiffGaff, ie O2) with no success.  Call logged with Lenovo support resulted in recommendation to try factory reset which just resulted in an annoyed wife and still no update.  Now been recommended to send in for "repair" though link to book repair doesn't work on variety of browsers.  Key observation from reading this thread is that my phone is blue, but wifes phone is bronze (red herring) but software thread on mine is retgb whereas my wifes phone is vfeu.  I'm going to persist to sort out the repair booking link and send for repair if only to see if they can fix it or will maybe replace it.  Fortunately my wife still has her old Samsung S6 and has happily gone back to it.

Carl

Options

72 Posts

02-24-2020

Canada

66 Signins

325 Page Views

• Views: 325
  • Message 48 of 50

2020-06-22, 20:03 PM

"but software thread on mine is retgb whereas my wifes phone is vfeu."

This is 100% the issue. Motorola/Lenovo have been horrible at keeping this phone up to date over all the different software channels. Some people are even on the same channel with different software/security updates. It's a complete mess. This is not a repair issue at all. This is Motorola not setting up the update properly for OTA on their end. Just look through the threads on this forum and you will see how horrible the updates have been. And this is supposed to be an Android One phone. I have non Android One phones that are more up to date than my Vision (which is now parked on the shelf).

Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

• Views: 62923
  • Message 49 of 50

2020-06-22, 21:29 PM

@ Indigoicl wrote:

Well this thread has been a bit of a revelation.  Like many others I have two Moto One Visions, mine has updated to Android 10 and Security Patch May 2020.  The second, my wifes bought two months later, is still on Android 9 and Security Patch December 2019.  Tried workarounds like updating with SIM removed (GiffGaff, ie O2) with no success.  Call logged with Lenovo support resulted in recommendation to try factory reset which just resulted in an annoyed wife and still no update.  Now been recommended to send in for "repair" though link to book repair doesn't work on variety of browsers.  Key observation from reading this thread is that my phone is blue, but wifes phone is bronze (red herring) but software thread on mine is retgb whereas my wifes phone is vfeu.  I'm going to persist to sort out the repair booking link and send for repair if only to see if they can fix it or will maybe replace it.  Fortunately my wife still has her old Samsung S6 and has happily gone back to it.

Carl

Hi.

I don't recommend repair unless we confirm that the other phones on your build are updated and yours is not. 

Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. 

• Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well. 
  • Let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems. 
  • Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Thanks,

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

2 Posts

06-22-2020

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 50 of 50

2020-07-07, 15:31 PM

Well, my wife's phone went off for the 'repair'.  It came back several days later very clean with a note saying it had been repaired and the software updated for that model of phone.  Software was exactly the same as when sent.  Annoyed wife had to relogin to all her apps again!  However, about one week later as my Moto One Vision updated it's security patch from May 2020 to June 2020 my wife's phone updated it's security patch from December 2019 to May 2020 so moving in the right direction.  However, still on Android 9 :(

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms