27 Signins

225 Page Views

• Views: 225
  • Message 1 of 21

One Vision Android 10 Suggestion

2019-12-01, 15:33 PM

Suggestions what options should be added to Android 10

1. NFC icon in Quick Settings

2. Improve launcher(allow us to remove widget and search bar or move it), adaptive icon support, to add support for New system fonts in display menu.

3. Wireless desktop mode, similar to Samsung DEX, but to be available with Wifi. 

4. Notification bar can be upgraded a lot!

Example, because of camera on left side we don't see all icons and this could resolve problem. 

Icons with clock, battery, signal example...should be moved more up, so that up can show all icons not one dot, and in line under to be showed all notification from apps starting from camera side to the end of other side of screen. Notification bar is to big(wide) and has a lot of space for two lines, at this moment both icons from apps and status on left are in same line. Around camera could be battery ring instead of icon and in left small corner next to camera to show % of battery available. 

5. Allow us to use Google camera officially, since we have all google apps and we are part of Android one. It would be big + for company. 

6. Dual Apps like Samsung has, so we can install dual messenger or WhatsApp example.

Rest to be add more in comments

If someone has to add option, feel free to write it in comment before :)), let's Motorola and developers hear us! 

Options

34 Posts

04-10-2015

MX

65 Signins

421 Page Views

• Views: 421
  • Message 2 of 21

Re: One Vision Android 10 Suggestion

2019-12-02, 16:25 PM

Don't forget about the full use of the screens in multimedia apps like Netflix... it'll be REALLY NICE if we could use the 21:9 cause that's one of the things that makes this phone different from the usual phones you see in the market... and it would be really nice if we can choose freely the way we see the notifications (select if we want to see them on the left or right corner for example) i miss specially the clock next to the front camera cause after a patch update, it moved to the right corner and now i can't see all my configurations (alarms, volume, battery %, etc).

There are some good suggestions made by the users, i hope you can select some of them Motorola/Lenovo and make it happend :D

Options

31 Posts

05-27-2019

SE

183 Signins

1372 Page Views

• Views: 1372
  • Message 3 of 21

2019-12-02, 17:31 PM

Yes, a quick tile for NFC would be nice, as well as a tile for adaptive brightness.

I'd love to see bluetooth aptx support as well. Shouldn't be impossible since Samsung galaxy 2019 series got it, including Galaxy A50 which is basically built on same soc (Exynos 9610) as One Vision (Exynos 9609). And as far as I know, aptx bluetooth codec is natively included in AOSP since Oreo so I'm not sure why it's not included in One Vision.

For the launcher I guess you'll have to use a different one because "at a glance" can't be removed. It's same on pixel devices as an example.

It's just how the launcher is built. I use "lawnchair" instead which lets me decide if I want "at a glance" and what to show in it.

Official Google camera support won't happen since it's propriarity for pixel devices, and google add their own cores for image processing etc.

One Vision comes with full camera2 API support so it shouldn't be impossible to make it run with decent results, but you'll have to find a modded version and xml that works, just like evereone else out there that doesn't own a pixel device.

Options

9 Posts

07-17-2019

BR

42 Signins

233 Page Views

• Views: 233
  • Message 4 of 21

2019-12-02, 17:55 PM
Your requirements make a lot of sense and would really be very welcome and helpful, I hope Motorola looks with affection for this
Options

8 Posts

12-22-2015

SK

14 Signins

160 Page Views

• Views: 160
  • Message 5 of 21

2019-12-07, 8:26 AM

These suggestions ae quite nice, but keep in mind that this is a AndroidOne device, so we can't expect that many modifications. After all, that's why most people bought this phone - (almost) stock android exprience.

You mentioned NFC quick shortcut - possible with third-party apps. Same goes for the launcher. 'Lawnchair' is popular third-party launcher that looks like the stock one, but has many more tweaks and supports Google Now feed. Will see what moto dev team does. :)

Options

18179 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2279 Signins

55552 Page Views

• Views: 55552
  • Message 6 of 21

2019-12-09, 17:33 PM

Hi. Appreciate your feedback. A few comments in-line below.

wrote:

Suggestions what options should be added to Android 10

1. NFC icon in Quick Settings

• You want to be able to toggle it off and on, right? I was looking back to see if we ever had it but not finding. Probably a Google request. However, there are some apps that will do this, and in general, the Android philosophy is to let apps do what they can do and focus on other things. We can guarantee or warranty third party apps, but Tiles and Quick Settings look promising. (I tried Quick Settings and the icon for NFC seems to work perfectly.) If you want to petition Google, good info here

2. Improve launcher(allow us to remove widget and search bar or move it), adaptive icon support, to add support for New system fonts in display menu.

• This is all Google. There are alternate launchers that let you do all kinds of customization. You may want to try one of them.

3. Wireless desktop mode, similar to Samsung DEX, but to be available with Wifi. 

• You know, we had this years ago, on our Atrix phone and some others. Called it WebTop. Not currently offered though. Was not a huge hit but I thought it was cool too.

4. Notification bar can be upgraded a lot!

Example, because of camera on left side we don't see all icons and this could resolve problem. 

Icons with clock, battery, signal example...should be moved more up, so that up can show all icons not one dot, and in line under to be showed all notification from apps starting from camera side to the end of other side of screen. Notification bar is to big(wide) and has a lot of space for two lines, at this moment both icons from apps and status on left are in same line. Around camera could be battery ring instead of icon and in left small corner next to camera to show % of battery available. 

• See above -- Google stuff or check out 3rd party launcher.

5. Allow us to use Google camera officially, since we have all google apps and we are part of Android one. It would be big + for company. 

• The camera is propriatery to Google and use of it on anything other than a Pixel is currently not allowed. 

6. Dual Apps like Samsung has, so we can install dual messenger or WhatsApp example.

• You can use Guest Mode (Multiple Users) for this. Go to Settings > System > Multiple users and set up a guest account. That will allow you to have more than one instance of an app on the phone.

Rest to be add more in comments

If someone has to add option, feel free to write it in comment before :)), let's Motorola and developers hear us! 

Hope these comments help.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

18179 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2279 Signins

55552 Page Views

• Message 7 of 21

2019-12-09, 19:51 PM

wrote:

Don't forget about the full use of the screens in multimedia apps like Netflix... it'll be REALLY NICE if we could use the 21:9 cause that's one of the things that makes this phone different from the usual phones you see in the market... and it would be really nice if we can choose freely the way we see the notifications (select if we want to see them on the left or right corner for example) i miss specially the clock next to the front camera cause after a patch update, it moved to the right corner and now i can't see all my configurations (alarms, volume, battery %, etc).

There are some good suggestions made by the users, i hope you can select some of them Motorola/Lenovo and make it happend :D

Hi. Just to reiterate our previous comment on this, it's something that should be reported to Netflix as a request. It appears the app is the limiter here, since it can be done in other applications, such as Youtube.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

19 Posts

10-19-2019

CA

65 Signins

877 Page Views

• Views: 877
  • Message 8 of 21

2019-12-11, 0:03 AM

I concur with adding a on/off switch in 'Home Settings' to turn off the (taking up real estate) Google search bar on the desktop. I believe Samsung has this option.

I also concur with the NFC icon in quick settings.

I've noticed that USB ethernet adapters work. AX88179 chipset since the beginning and RTL8153 chipset since updating the phone. Would be great to see type C to HDMI/ethernet/USB-A out since it's available on the Samsung S9. So it doesn't seem to be a hardware deficiency issue but I could be wrong?

Options

25 Posts

12-06-2019

HU

45 Signins

483 Page Views

• Views: 483
  • Message 9 of 21

2019-12-12, 11:15 AM

I also have two ideas here, I do not know whether or not they can be implemented (in a future update) though. I'm sure someone will clarify this for me.

1. I think the quick setting tile functionality would be better, if it would be possible to configure the layout (amount of tile rows and columns based on orientation). Currently I think the tiles have way to much space between them, their usage could be much more compact. I know there are 3rd party apps and ADB options to configure this (which do manipulate system settings), so in theory it could be done via the Android UI driectly. (I think I had a phone some time ago which allowed to customize this, but I do not remember if it was some OEM flavor or a phone from the Nexus line.)
  2. It may be a long shot, but since the notification bar has quite a bit height, it could easily fit 2 rows of notifications. This might however be some deeply internal Android modification, but I'd still like to know whether or not this is possible.
Options

18179 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2279 Signins

55552 Page Views

• Message 10 of 21

2019-12-12, 15:57 PM

wrote:

I concur with adding a on/off switch in 'Home Settings' to turn off the (taking up real estate) Google search bar on the desktop. I believe Samsung has this option.

I also concur with the NFC icon in quick settings.

I've noticed that USB ethernet adapters work. AX88179 chipset since the beginning and RTL8153 chipset since updating the phone. Would be great to see type C to HDMI/ethernet/USB-A out since it's available on the Samsung S9. So it doesn't seem to be a hardware deficiency issue but I could be wrong?

Again, AndroidOne device - we can't remove the Google search bar on those phones. Is the Samsung AndroidOne?

Provided a solution to the NFC issue above.

We're looking into your third point.

Thanks,

- Matt

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete