US

2278 Signins

55537 Page Views

• Views: 55537
  • Message 11 of 21

Re: One Vision Android 10 Suggestion

2019-12-12, 16:01 PM

wrote:

I also have two ideas here, I do not know whether or not they can be implemented (in a future update) though. I'm sure someone will clarify this for me.

1. I think the quick setting tile functionality would be better, if it would be possible to configure the layout (amount of tile rows and columns based on orientation). Currently I think the tiles have way to much space between them, their usage could be much more compact. I know there are 3rd party apps and ADB options to configure this (which do manipulate system settings), so in theory it could be done via the Android UI driectly. (I think I had a phone some time ago which allowed to customize this, but I do not remember if it was some OEM flavor or a phone from the Nexus line.)
  2. It may be a long shot, but since the notification bar has quite a bit height, it could easily fit 2 rows of notifications. This might however be some deeply internal Android modification, but I'd still like to know whether or not this is possible.

Hi.

I think these would require a lot of modification by Google, but of course, it's possible in theory. But as said before, if it can be done via a third-party app, it's not likely to be prioritized, especially since this is more of a style/personal preference thing vs. a feature or enhancement. That is, plenty of people would like it as-is. But it could happen - they allow changing the shape of the icon, which isn't exactly core functionality!

Thanks.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

25 Posts

12-06-2019

HU

45 Signins

483 Page Views

• Views: 483
  • Message 12 of 21

2019-12-12, 22:28 PM

Thank you for the reply!

I'd like to know if I'm on the right channel if I'd like to chance the impossible and file these requests?

I think that posting it here may not be the right solution. Even if it contains heavy modifications, or conflicting Android One/core functionality, I'd like to submit it on the right channel.

If I'm right, could you point me into the right direction? I was thinking contacting via the Motorola Feedback via the phone, or submit a feature request via the Android Issue Tracker (and take my chances with it being added to AOSP).

Options

18179 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2278 Signins

55537 Page Views

• Message 13 of 21

2019-12-13, 13:58 PM

wrote:

Thank you for the reply!

I'd like to know if I'm on the right channel if I'd like to chance the impossible and file these requests?

I think that posting it here may not be the right solution. Even if it contains heavy modifications, or conflicting Android One/core functionality, I'd like to submit it on the right channel.

If I'm right, could you point me into the right direction? I was thinking contacting via the Motorola Feedback via the phone, or submit a feature request via the Android Issue Tracker (and take my chances with it being added to AOSP).

I think your best bet is sending these to Google via the Android Issue Tracker. Motorola is committed to staying pretty close to the Android standard, with the exception of Moto Actions and a few other adjustments.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

300 Posts

07-22-2016

CY

936 Signins

5238 Page Views

• Views: 5238
  • Message 14 of 21

2019-12-16, 13:09 PM

wrote:

wrote:

Thank you for the reply!

I think your best bet is sending these to Google via the Android Issue Tracker. Motorola is committed to staying pretty close to the Android standard, with the exception of Moto Actions and a few other adjustments.

- Matt

why not also add some missing features from the Moto app? like flip for DND, swipe down to shrink screen (very useful on the big screen) and screenshot editor with scrolling to capture long screenshots?

Options

18179 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2278 Signins

55537 Page Views

• Message 15 of 21

2019-12-17, 15:18 PM

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

Thank you for the reply!

- Matt

why not also add some missing features from the Moto app? like flip for DND, swipe down to shrink screen (very useful on the big screen) and screenshot editor with scrolling to capture long screenshots?

Hi.

Some features are hardware-dependent, but beyond that I'm not sure. I can pass along the feedback. 

I do think it's necessary to assume that as far as features go, what you buy is what you get. It's not typical to add features post-launch, other than changes that may come with OS upgrades.

- Matt

Options

300 Posts

07-22-2016

CY

936 Signins

5238 Page Views

• Views: 5238
  • Message 16 of 21

2019-12-17, 15:26 PM

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

Thank you for the reply!

- Matt

Hi.

Some features are hardware-dependent, but beyond that I'm not sure. I can pass along the feedback. 

I do think it's necessary to assume that as far as features go, what you buy is what you get. It's not typical to add features post-launch, other than changes that may come with OS upgrades.

- Matt

what kind of hardware limitations? every Android One device from Motorola lack these three (edit: four, forgot the pick up to stop ringing) suggested options in the Moto app... and about adding features post launch, it can be done, for example the Moto G4+ (previous device) had very little options in the Moto app, the rest was added in software updates (in moto actions, swipe up to shrink screen in 7.0, screenshot editor, media controls and 3 fingers screenshots were added in 8.1, and moto display got changed and new features added in 8.1 update), so i think adding these options is quite possible, maybe not for flip for DND or pick up to stop ringing.. but others (swipe to shrink and screenshot editor) literally don't need any sophisticated hardware

Options

19 Posts

10-19-2019

CA

65 Signins

877 Page Views

• Views: 877
  • Message 17 of 21

2019-12-21, 17:41 PM

I love the One Button Nav but the swipe right to open previous app feature is useless in my case.

I would like the option to operate the Nav button like this...

Swipe left to go back

Swipe right to go forward

Is it possible?

Options

18179 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2278 Signins

55537 Page Views

• Message 18 of 21

2019-12-23, 16:06 PM

wrote:

I love the One Button Nav but the swipe right to open previous app feature is useless in my case.

I would like the option to operate the Nav button like this...

Swipe left to go back

Swipe right to go forward

Is it possible?

Hi.

Not sure how this would work as going forward is kind of a rarity. What are you going forward into?

- Matt

Options

19 Posts

10-19-2019

CA

65 Signins

877 Page Views

• Views: 877
  • Message 19 of 21

2019-12-23, 19:14 PM
Hello.

Web browser going forward is the obvious app.

Social media apps like YouTube, Instagram, etc... when accidentally going back or accidentally closing a video and now need to go forward. Not sure if this would be possible unless these apps implement a forward feature?

Shopping apps like Amazon, etc..

Email apps. An example would be going back to read the email list to see when an email came in and now need to go forward to the email I backed out of so I can reply. A rare occasion but it does happen.

A forward feature would speed up navigation.
Options

22 Posts

12-03-2019

BE

32 Signins

218 Page Views

• Views: 218
  • Message 20 of 21

2020-01-06, 8:13 AM

Wish one thing .... a final bluetooth (reconnection) fix :smileywink:

posted here: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/motorola-one-vision/Pairing-with-Google-Wear-OS-Watch-Shortcut-to-google-weather/m-p/4615922#M1832

sorry for cross posting ... just desperate

Greetings,

Phil from Belgium / not the king.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete