02-23-2015

GB

126 Signins

732 Page Views

• Views: 732
  • Message 1 of 4

One Vision vs One Action cameras & etc.

2019-09-07, 20:11 PM

I am torn between 2 Motorolas: the One Action & the One Vision.

I'm downgrading my Galaxy S9+ to a more reasonable and modest phone.

I need to find a phone with a slightly wider angle front & rear cameras, something with decent/above average night photos (with somewhat less noise), a decent/above average 2-3x zoom (with somewhat less noise), natural-looking photos and not oversaturated, a "loud enough" stereo speakers (75dB & above), fast updates (similar to Android One) and a camera that has decent/above average dynamic range (less overblown highlights on the background like sunlight or artificial indoor lights). 

Comments and advice please.

Options

77 Posts

02-23-2015

GB

126 Signins

732 Page Views

• Message 2 of 4

One Action vs One Vision cameras & other questions

2019-09-07, 20:13 PM

I am torn between 2 Motorolas: the One Action & the One Vision.

I'm downgrading my Galaxy S9+ to a more reasonable and modest phone.

I need to find a phone with a slightly wider angle front & rear cameras, something with decent/above average night photos (with somewhat less noise), a decent/above average 2-3x zoom (with somewhat less noise), natural-looking photos and not oversaturated, a "loud enough" stereo speakers (75dB & above), fast updates (similar to Android One) and a camera that has decent/above average dynamic range (less overblown highlights on the background like sunlight or artificial indoor lights). 

Comments and advice please.

Options

35 Posts

04-17-2015

BR

251 Signins

2299 Page Views

• Views: 2299
  • Message 3 of 4

Re: One Action vs One Vision cameras & other questions

2019-09-08, 19:51 PM

Hi!

About the first question you made: both phones are very similar. The One Vision has optical image stabilization and a specific mode called "Night Vision". The One Action has an additional camera with a wider FOV, but the main camera has only electronic stabilization and there is no special low light mode.

As for the Android One programme and its fast updated, it's not exactly always like many people expect. There are indeed monthly updates, but major OS version updates generally take at least 3 months to be delivered, but 6-12 months is not unusual for older devices (as long as they are within the two-year update eligibility period.

Overall, bear in mind that your S9+ is still considered a high-end device, while the Motorola One range is more like intermediate. Especially in terms of camera quality, I'd say you would go a step down.

Options

77 Posts

02-23-2015

GB

126 Signins

732 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

Re: One Action vs One Vision cameras & other questions

2019-09-08, 20:23 PM

Having had the S8+ previously and now the S9+ I am underwhelmed by the rear camera of my current phone seemingly not-so wide angle lens/less FOV. An example i could try and explain is when i am taking a photo of my wife standing beside a London phone box (as the foreground) and a musical theatre at the background the top portion of the theatre is cut from view. I hope that kinda makes sense.

Another dissapointment I want to share is the underwhelming front selfie camera of the S9+. Colours and sharpness are all washed-out and poor,  unconvincing dynamin range and again wide angle it is not. 

I understand the S9+ is still considered a "high end" phone but the fact is its now an old flagship phone and there are other "intermediate" or great midrangers out there that I think can stand up to it.

All i am looking for are cameras that has wider field of view (i.e. wider angle lenses), a selfie camera above 8MP and a not too shabby dynamic range, decent/above average low light photos and decent EIS stabilization.

Please help.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete