10-12-2012

US

835 Signins

21168 Page Views

• Views: 21168
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Poor signal using SIM 1

2019-09-25, 19:23 PM

Your comment doesn't indicate whether you also have service from an alternate carrier on SIM2 who provides a notably stronger signal or just that your primary service provider does not have good coverage in your immediate area.  With a properly working dual-SIM phone, if you move the chip in SIM1 over to the SIM2 slot of your phone, you should not see a difference in strength of the (same) incoming signal.

Wireless carriers make the technical network design decisions that establish their signal strengths and thus the areas of acceptable coverage for their subscribers.  If your present carrier does not deliver usable receive signal strength, you may need to discuss changing to a different carrier. 

Re: Poor signal using SIM 1

2019-09-30, 15:42 PM

wrote:

Your comment doesn't indicate whether you also have service from an alternate carrier on SIM2 who provides a notably stronger signal or just that your primary service provider does not have good coverage in your immediate area.  With a properly working dual-SIM phone, if you move the chip in SIM1 over to the SIM2 slot of your phone, you should not see a difference in strength of the (same) incoming signal.

Wireless carriers make the technical network design decisions that establish their signal strengths and thus the areas of acceptable coverage for their subscribers.  If your present carrier does not deliver usable receive signal strength, you may need to discuss changing to a different carrier. 

That is correct but I can confirm, that the One Vision is missing a lot of 3G/LTE bands compared to other phones (even in this price range) to work well with all providers. I am using 2 german SIM cards and an american AT&T prepaid SIM and don't get any stable 4g connection while roaming or using the US SIM in the US. Paid my german provider for high speed data in the US and only get H+ speeds. Tried both german SIM cards and already switched SIM slots. Doesnt work. They all work fine with 4G in my wifes iPhone.

For me this and all the other connectivity issues (Wifi/call drops - see other posts) is reason enough to sell the phone.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save