04-11-2017

GB

20 Signins

145 Page Views

• Views: 145
  • Message 1 of 5

SIM card slot constantly switching itself off and on

2019-07-21, 12:43 PM

As the title, SIM card slot constantly switching itself off and on.

I have put in a new GiggGaff UK SIM card into a new Moto OneVision phone and the sim card is repeatedly switched off and on with about a 5 second cycle. 
I took the SIM out and tried it in my old Moto G4plus and the SIM card works fine. This seems to be something on the new phone. Anyone know how to resolve this or should I send the phone back?

Thanks

Options

18179 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2278 Signins

55537 Page Views

• Views: 55537
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: SIM card slot constantly switching itself off and on

2019-07-22, 14:05 PM

wrote:

As the title, SIM card slot constantly switching itself off and on.

I have put in a new GiggGaff UK SIM card into a new Moto OneVision phone and the sim card is repeatedly switched off and on with about a 5 second cycle. 
I took the SIM out and tried it in my old Moto G4plus and the SIM card works fine. This seems to be something on the new phone. Anyone know how to resolve this or should I send the phone back?

Thanks

Hi.

I don't know anything about that SIM, but if it's a bit older it's quite possible that you need a newer one from your carrier to operate in this phone.

I am interested in what you are seeing that indicates it's turning off an on. Is the signal bar just going off and on, or something else?

Thanks,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

18 Posts

04-11-2017

GB

20 Signins

145 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2019-07-22, 14:28 PM

The SIM arrived the day before, it is new.

What indicatates it switching on and off is looking at the sim slots in the settings. The switches go to off and the text greys out every 5 seconds. 

I have now read other people having the same issue with this phone. i hope a solution can be found as this is for my business.

Options

18179 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2278 Signins

55537 Page Views

• Views: 55537
  • Message 4 of 5

2019-07-22, 18:30 PM

wrote:

The SIM arrived the day before, it is new.

What indicatates it switching on and off is looking at the sim slots in the settings. The switches go to off and the text greys out every 5 seconds. 

I have now read other people having the same issue with this phone. i hope a solution can be found as this is for my business.

Thanks. Can we get some additional information for the engineers?

Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems. Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Would you mind taking a bug report next time it happens? I can give you the instructions - it's not as difficult as it looks. 

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled and will show in your Settings menu.
3. Go to Settings > Developer options > Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings > Developer options > Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings > Developer options > Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
7. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and share the link to the Bug Report via an email to supportforums@motorola.com, and include a note referring to this post so we know what it refers to.
8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Finally, if you have seen other reports, can you provide a link to those?

Thanks! Sorry for all the requests!

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

18 Posts

04-11-2017

GB

20 Signins

145 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2019-07-22, 19:17 PM

Thank you for making the effort to help.
Motorola said it needs replacing and so it has gone back.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete