04-10-2015

MX

65 Signins

421 Page Views

• Views: 421
  • Message 1 of 7

Still no 21:9 support on streaming apps like Netfilx or Amazon Prime

2020-02-25, 21:00 PM

So yeah... AT LEAST AS FAR AS OFFICIAL MOTOROLA/LENOVO we still have no support to see content in 21:9 format, nor HD support.

But just to make it more it more funny for us (the customers), I saw just a few moments ago, in other forums about the One Vision... that now it's possible for root users (sadly) there's a solution...

Root users need to install a "cut out" option (I'm not gonna post everything cause maybe here I could be ban (I HAVEN'T DONE THIS, I'M NOT A ROOT USER BUT IT SEEMS TO WORK), that allow us to select a new option on the "display cutout options" on the "developer options" menu... with that activated, now you will be able to see the content truly in 21:9 (as the promise BUT NEVER GAVE US)

I will share the photos of the original post.

AND NOW MY BIG QUESTION (And the thing that got on my nerves) COULD YOU MATT/MODERATORS/DEV TEAM IN MOTOROLA & LENOVO/ETC make an option like that FOR ALL THE Motorola One Vision around the world? with a maintenance update (NOT THE SECURITY PATCH... an update just to fix this error THAT EXIST SINCE THE PHONE MAKE IT TO THE MARKET)? just an option in the developer options to allow us to really activate the 21:9 format to see multimedia content? PLEASE, I BEG YOU! 

Options

17982 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2254 Signins

54262 Page Views

• Views: 54262
  • Message 2 of 7

Re:Still no 21:9 support on streaming apps like Netfilx or Amazon Prime

2020-02-26, 14:53 PM

Hi.

This function seems to be driven by the app developer. Youtube, for example, let's you spread to fill the screen (at the cost of cropping the top and bottom of the screen, of course) but Netflix does not. I think this is something they would have to resolve.

Do other phone manufacturers force this? I don't really know - let me know if you are aware of any that do.

• Matt
Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

31 Posts

05-27-2019

SE

183 Signins

1372 Page Views

• Views: 1372
  • Message 3 of 7

2020-02-26, 15:45 PM

Hi. I'm the one who made the "original" thread in another forum.

I'm not sure this is only a netflix issue. This happens with all apps in landscape mode, except for youtube, camera in full screen mode, and while watching photos in a gallery app, and ofcourse games that supports 21:9. At least with all the apps that I have installed.

Other than that they're all being shown with the display cutout on the punch hole side while in landscape mode. I can understand the reason for it since the punch hole could "hide" information in an app, but since we do have a 21:9 display I think it would be more fair for us to choose for ourself if we want the cutout to be shown or not, like in galaxy s10 for example.

Edit: added two screen shots. One with, and one without the display cutout.

Options

34 Posts

04-10-2015

MX

65 Signins

421 Page Views

• Views: 421
  • Message 4 of 7

2020-02-26, 16:48 PM
The fact that you are saying that the "spread to fill the screen" function is not avaible on Netflix (with all the respect you deserve) really dissapoint me... Because THAT FUNCTION DOES EXIST ON Netflix! And when you do that, you crop the top and the bottom of the screen as you said BUT YOU DON'T GET RID OF THE DISPLAY CUTOUT ON THE SELFIE (PUNCH HOLE) SIDE OF THE Screen. I have talked to Netflix/Amazon/etc is not they problem... What I'm begging is for You (MOTOROLA/LENOVO) to make this option available for ALL Users through a service update as an option in developer menu. Really Matt, don't give another generic answer and please, take this topic to the developer/ programmers team to make this function real... I believe that after the profit and benefits Motorola as a company got for the 3 (and only "true") moto one devices (one/vision/action) when they hnade it to the market... Yoare gonna face another rough time just because the lack of interest in customer services/attention /etc. As tys0n says, this happens in a lot of apps, he even gave you screenshots my guy... Please put hands on the work. After this phone I'm considering to change to Motorola and look what I found in the market) and I've been in Motorola ship since Motorola G 2, you need to truly care for what you give us and the kind of service you provide GIVE US TRULY 21:9 OPTION!!
Options

1578 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

278 Signins

17064 Page Views

• Views: 17064
  • Message 5 of 7

2020-02-27, 5:42 AM

Hi,

I understand your concern. We're always looking to make improvements and your feedback is truly valued. I'll make sure it's passed along to the concerned team.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

17982 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2254 Signins

54262 Page Views

• Views: 54262
  • Message 6 of 7

2020-03-06, 15:33 PM

The fact that you are saying that the "spread to fill the screen" function is not avaible on Netflix (with all the respect you deserve) really dissapoint me... Because THAT FUNCTION DOES EXIST ON Netflix! And when you do that, you crop the top and the bottom of the screen as you said BUT YOU DON'T GET RID OF THE DISPLAY CUTOUT ON THE SELFIE (PUNCH HOLE) SIDE OF THE Screen. I have talked to Netflix/Amazon/etc is not they problem... What I'm begging is for You (MOTOROLA/LENOVO) to make this option available for ALL Users through a service update as an option in developer menu. 

HI.

I see you are right about Netflix letting you spread - I was mistaken. But as you have observed, it won't allow you to go beyond the selfie camera punch out. The only explanation I have is that the developer (Neflix in this case) wants it that way. 

I can ask about a developer option override, but of course, I can't promise it will be prioritized. 

• Matt
Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

8 Posts

06-28-2017

IN

62 Signins

339 Page Views

• Views: 339
  • Message 7 of 7

2020-03-06, 16:37 PM
Moto one vision having widevine L1 support , It cannot play Amazon prime video in HD. Any solution?
Sai
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save