08-04-2019

US

6 Signins

33 Page Views

• Views: 33
  • Message 1 of 8

Touch screen issue

2019-08-19, 14:28 PM

While updating the apps and updating the OS at the same time, the OS is done first and asked to restarted the phone.  After the phone restarted, the touch screen was dead.  The touch didn't responde at all when I touched on the screen.  How can I repair this?  I purchased the phone brand new on ebay.com in USA

Options

17582 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2198 Signins

51842 Page Views

• Views: 51842
  • Message 2 of 8

Re: Touch screen issue

2019-08-20, 12:54 PM

wrote:

While updating the apps and updating the OS at the same time, the OS is done first and asked to restarted the phone.  After the phone restarted, the touch screen was dead.  The touch didn't responde at all when I touched on the screen.  How can I repair this?  I purchased the phone brand new on ebay.com in USA

Hi.

That doesn't sound good and certainly isn't normal. Did you receive an over-the-air update?

eBay has a lot of listings for this phone. If you bought one that is labeled "India" or "International," then return it as fast as you can, as those phones are not in-warranty in the US. If it's a US phone, let me know and we can get it fixed.

Regards,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

4 Posts

08-04-2019

US

6 Signins

33 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2019-08-20, 14:09 PM

yes, it was over-the-air update and it is an internatinal version.  Seller has declied my return due to over 30 days policy.

It's a motorola phone and it should be under Motorola warranty no matter where I bought this phone.

what can I do at this point? Please advise.

Options

17582 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2198 Signins

51842 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2019-08-20, 15:34 PM

wrote:

yes, it was over-the-air update and it is an internatinal version.  Seller has declied my return due to over 30 days policy.

It's a motorola phone and it should be under Motorola warranty no matter where I bought this phone.

what can I do at this point? Please advise.

Our phones are in warranty only in the country where they are intended for sale. If you are in the US and it's not a US phone, then your only option is to return it to the country where it is in warranty for service.

If you want to provide your IMEI in your profile we can check where it's in warranty. 

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

4 Posts

08-04-2019

US

6 Signins

33 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2019-08-20, 17:09 PM

here is the IMEI: [removed]  I don't mind to send it international, as long as Motorala agrees to fix this.

• Please only put IMEI and other identifiers in your profile, for your own security and protection. - Matt
Options

17582 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2198 Signins

51842 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2019-08-22, 13:53 PM

wrote:

here is the IMEI: [removed]  I don't mind to send it international, as long as Motorala agrees to fix this.

• Please only put IMEI and other identifiers in your profile, for your own security and protection. - Matt

Well, it really isn't that simple.

The model you have is a Latin American version. It would have to be shipped to a repair facility in LatAm. That team could evaluate if the phone's problems are covered under warranty and if so, it would be repaired. But we cannot ship a repaired phone internationally. You would have to have someone in that country receive the phone, and they could then ship it to you.

What troubleshooting have you done so far? You turn on the phone now and it starts up, but doesn't respond to touches at all? We can try doing a factory data reset from the fastboot menu, which should not require any screen touches, and see if that recovers it.

- Matt

Options

4 Posts

08-04-2019

US

6 Signins

33 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2019-08-30, 15:14 PM

I have done a factory reset from fastboot and the touchscreen still didn't respond.

Please provide the address that I can ship my phone for repair and I will also include a pre-paid label for return.

This is my first time using a Motorola phone and will never buy another again.

Options

17582 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2198 Signins

51842 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2019-09-03, 13:36 PM

wrote:

I have done a factory reset from fastboot and the touchscreen still didn't respond.

Please provide the address that I can ship my phone for repair and I will also include a pre-paid label for return.

This is my first time using a Motorola phone and will never buy another again.

Hi.

We cannot ship a phone internationally, even if you provide a pre-paid label. The only option is to have it returned to an in-country address. 

I'm sorry you feel that way, but our warranty terms are clear.

- Matt

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save