Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dariodev
Fanfold Paper
Views: 456
Message 1 of 17

Type of display glass. Front 2.5D glass, is it gorilla?

I ask someone from Lenovo/Motorola to explain exactly what type of the front glass has One Vision. On all official pages for One Vision (motorola.com, lenovo.com de, uk), under the display specification it says: "front 2.5D glass, rear 3D Corning Gorilla Glass".

Is this means that display glass is not Gorilla, but just unspecified 2.5D, and only rear case glass is Gorilla? Most of the review sites, like GSMArena, say that display glass is Gorilla, while some others says it's not. On Amazon.de, one angry reviewer claim that the display glass is actually made of plastic. There seems to be confusion here (either accidentally or intentionally).
Will you please clarify this - front glass, Gorilla or not. If yes, which version. If not, what kind of protection has.

dieorange
SCSI Port
Views: 451
Message 2 of 17

Re: Type of display glass. Front 2.5D glass, is it gorilla?

Good Question! I think it was Gorilla Glass 3.

The bad thing, there is no tempered glass right now whats fit the front right. Got 2 different brands from Amazon.de but they are both bad like hell. I hope Omoton will do a great one soon for the one vision.
dariodev
Fanfold Paper
Views: 443
Message 3 of 17

I'm not convinced.

On GSMArena quick specs says, Display: Corning Gorilla Glass (unspecified version), but inside in depth review they says it's likely not Gorilla: "The maker doesn't say anything about its origin so it's likely not Gorilla Glass, but we can't be certain."
Finally, the official Motorola page: "front 2.5D glass, rear 3D Gorilla Glass".
dieorange
SCSI Port
Views: 427
Message 4 of 17

GSM saying same from the 1st Motorola one. (unspecific) but the Motorola Specs (1st one) saying: 2,5D Corning® Gorilla® Glass.

But nothing on the Motorola One Vision Specs Site.

( Wir sind also immer noch nicht schlauer ;] )

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 390
Message 5 of 17

@dieorange wrote:
GSM saying same from the 1st Motorola one. (unspecific) but the Motorola Specs (1st one) saying: 2,5D Corning® Gorilla® Glass.

But nothing on the Motorola One Vision Specs Site.

( Wir sind also immer noch nicht schlauer ;] )

Hi.

Not sure where you are looking, but on the spec pages I checked (I looked at three) it says:

• Body: Front 2.5D glass, rear 3D Gorilla Glass

If you have a link to one of our pages that is missing this, please post it and I'll get it fixed.

Thanks,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
dariodev
Fanfold Paper
Views: 378
Message 6 of 17

This is not a solution nor the answer to my question.
Just as you wrote and just what I wrote:
The specs for One Vision says: Body: Front 2.5D glass, rear 3D Gorilla Glass
You answered to @dieorange wrote, without understanding about what he wrote. He just mentioned specs for 1st Motorola One.
My question remains - what type of glass is front? It is clear that rear glass is Gorilla, but from my understanding front glass is not Gorilla. It is unspecified 2.5D glass. And it's not only me, there is confusion over this on all review sites.
So please, let's make this clear. Is it Gorilla or not? Yes/No?
Motorola Admin
Views: 335
Message 7 of 17

@dariodev wrote:
This is not a solution nor the answer to my question.
Just as you wrote and just what I wrote:
The specs for One Vision says: Body: Front 2.5D glass, rear 3D Gorilla Glass
You answered to @dieorange wrote, without understanding about what he wrote. He just mentioned specs for 1st Motorola One.
My question remains - what type of glass is front? It is clear that rear glass is Gorilla, but from my understanding front glass is not Gorilla. It is unspecified 2.5D glass. And it's not only me, there is confusion over this on all review sites.
So please, let's make this clear. Is it Gorilla or not? Yes/No?

Yes, I misunderstood. Let me see about getting clarification. 

I can confirm that it's 2.5D Gorilla Glass. I'll see about getting the specs changed to be less ambiguous. 

Thanks for pointing this out.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
dariodev
Fanfold Paper
Views: 328
Message 8 of 17

Thank you for clarifying! I would love to see the official specs precisely written, without leaving open questions.
Motorola Admin
Views: 280
Message 9 of 17

@dariodev wrote:
Thank you for clarifying! I would love to see the official specs precisely written, without leaving open questions.

Agreed. I have submitted a request to have it corrected.

- Matt

ArnoldV
Paper Tape
Views: 153
Message 10 of 17

I am a bit surprised by the answer of @MattForumsMngr. On various websites explaining about Gorilla Glass it is explained that no such thing as Gorilla GLas 2,5D exists. 2,5D just seems to mean that there is some curvature on the edges of the glass. It could be better or worse than Gorilla Glass, but the term 2,5  just doesn't say anything about the scratch resistance of the glass it seems. For example, see here: https://www.digitalcitizen.life/what-is-gorilla-glass-what-is-25d-glass and on many other sites (by Googling Gorilla Glass 2,5D). Additionally, also on the website of Corning, the producer of Gorilla Glass there is no mentioning of the existence of 2,5D Gorilla glass. Can you explain this confusion, or for example indicate what your confirmation is based upon. I am really curious, I am about to buy the One Vision, but would very much appreciate if the scratch resistance is as good as my current G5Plus (Gorilla Glass 3D).

Top Kudoed Authors