Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LJ8
Fanfold Paper
Views: 348
Message 1 of 7

Video recording problem

Hello

I have been store-testing Moto One Vision out  recently (as it really suits most on my needs) and I have noticed one problem with video recording, which seems to have gone unnoticed by all the reviewers, tech-bloggers and the like. With optical stabilization on, after the auto-focus feature does its job, i.e. focuces on a new item, the camera performs one more move, like a wobble or a nudge, rendering the first couple of seconds of the take useless, as those seconds will need to be removed during editing. As I use the video recording feature on my phones a lot, this issue puts me off buying the One Vision. The problem disappears when I turn the optical stabilisation off, or in 4K, as this format does not have optical stabilization. Has anyone else noticed this issue? 

Maximumplaid
Paper Tape
Views: 289
Message 2 of 7

Re: Video recording problem

I dont speak Portuguese, but the issue described is clearly shown in this YouTube video. I ordered one, but this video issue seems to have to be addressed on a phone marketed under the name vision.
https://youtu.be/EK9UdUdpc4o
LJ8
Fanfold Paper
Views: 268
Message 3 of 7

Yes, it's most visible at around 5:45-5-50

I will try to find some other examples online. But the best test to see the undesired effect is to move the camera from a far-perpective focus to a macro detail and then observe the action of the focus. After the initial focus is done, the camera "jumps". 

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 252
Message 4 of 7

@LJ8 wrote:

Yes, it's most visible at around 5:45-5-50

I will try to find some other examples online. But the best test to see the undesired effect is to move the camera from a far-perpective focus to a macro detail and then observe the action of the focus. After the initial focus is done, the camera "jumps". 

Thanks for letting us know. We're taking a look at this.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Highlighted
LJ8
Fanfold Paper
Views: 195
Message 5 of 7

Look how horribly this focus works. The vloger does not see the slightest problem with thisfootage. Not a single one I watched saw anything wrong with the camera. Are they blind or what? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIRYodTeUls

KiRiON
SCSI Port
Views: 183
Message 6 of 7

I hope they could fix it ASAP
Maximumplaid
Paper Tape
Views: 167
Message 7 of 7

Yes went back on my purchase. Sad because really like the form factor, the vervebuds500, specs and price. I have phones for 2-3 years. But want a camera phone for the next 2-3 yrs but the jump focus really cooled me of. If fixed I might come back, or I wait for a discounted pixel3a.

Top Kudoed Authors