10-03-2019

GB

15 Signins

111 Page Views

• Views: 111
  • Message 1 of 4

frequent drop outs of cellular (mobile) network on new motorola one vision

2019-10-04, 21:08 PM

Hi, I have a new Motorola One Vision,  XT1970-3, dual-sim.  I am in London on the Three network.  The phone is unusable because it keeps dropping the cellular (mobile) signal.  It drops for a few seconds or so, then reconnects.  I don't have to do anything.  But it's frequent.  I have already missed two calls this week due to the dropouts.  Also, the web browser cannot look up names or show pages during the fault. (Screenshot attached.)  As in the photo, when it happens, the 4G icon shows an "x" in the lower right corner.

I am in cental London with good reception.  I had the same sim card on the same network in my previous phone (Nokia) and did not have this problem.  New phone is running the same apps that were on the old phone. 

So what could possibly be causing these network drops?  Could it be a factory defect?  

Solved! See the solution
Options

17932 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2249 Signins

54007 Page Views

• Views: 54007
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: frequent drop outs of cellular (mobile) network on new motorola one vision

2019-10-09, 14:42 PM

wrote:

Hi, I have a new Motorola One Vision,  XT1970-3, dual-sim.  I am in London on the Three network.  The phone is unusable because it keeps dropping the cellular (mobile) signal.  It drops for a few seconds or so, then reconnects.  I don't have to do anything.  But it's frequent.  I have already missed two calls this week due to the dropouts.  Also, the web browser cannot look up names or show pages during the fault. (Screenshot attached.)  As in the photo, when it happens, the 4G icon shows an "x" in the lower right corner.

I am in cental London with good reception.  I had the same sim card on the same network in my previous phone (Nokia) and did not have this problem.  New phone is running the same apps that were on the old phone. 

So what could possibly be causing these network drops?  Could it be a factory defect?  

Hi.

We can think of a couple of possible causes.

One is if you are moving on and off of wifi and the handoff is taking time to complete.

It could also be a provisioning problem. If you just moved the SIM from one phone to another, without notifying Three, it may be that this phone needs to be properly provisioned in the Three system to work correctly.

At the phone level, you could try resetting your APN. (Settings > Network & internet > Mobile Network > Advanced > Access Point Names > 3-dot menu > Reset to default.

Let me know if any of this helps.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

3 Posts

08-06-2011

GB

12 Signins

105 Page Views

• Views: 105
  • Message 3 of 4

2019-10-10, 10:10 AM

The new software update seems to have fixed this problem. 

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

2 Posts

10-03-2019

GB

15 Signins

111 Page Views

• Views: 111
  • Message 4 of 4

2019-10-13, 19:14 PM

The problem eventually went away without me doing anything.  It may have been fixed in the September update, but I installed that update about a week before the problem disappeared. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save