Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UKscott
Fanfold Paper
Views: 866
Message 1 of 4

frequent drop outs of cellular (mobile) network on new motorola one vision

Hi, I have a new Motorola One Vision,  XT1970-3, dual-sim.  I am in London on the Three network.  The phone is unusable because it keeps dropping the cellular (mobile) signal.  It drops for a few seconds or so, then reconnects.  I don't have to do anything.  But it's frequent.  I have already missed two calls this week due to the dropouts.  Also, the web browser cannot look up names or show pages during the fault. (Screenshot attached.)  As in the photo, when it happens, the 4G icon shows an "x" in the lower right corner.

I am in cental London with good reception.  I had the same sim card on the same network in my previous phone (Nokia) and did not have this problem.  New phone is running the same apps that were on the old phone. 

So what could possibly be causing these network drops?  Could it be a factory defect?  

Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 778
Message 2 of 4

Re: frequent drop outs of cellular (mobile) network on new motorola one vision

@UKscott wrote:

Hi, I have a new Motorola One Vision,  XT1970-3, dual-sim.  I am in London on the Three network.  The phone is unusable because it keeps dropping the cellular (mobile) signal.  It drops for a few seconds or so, then reconnects.  I don't have to do anything.  But it's frequent.  I have already missed two calls this week due to the dropouts.  Also, the web browser cannot look up names or show pages during the fault. (Screenshot attached.)  As in the photo, when it happens, the 4G icon shows an "x" in the lower right corner.

I am in cental London with good reception.  I had the same sim card on the same network in my previous phone (Nokia) and did not have this problem.  New phone is running the same apps that were on the old phone. 

So what could possibly be causing these network drops?  Could it be a factory defect?  

Hi.

We can think of a couple of possible causes.

One is if you are moving on and off of wifi and the handoff is taking time to complete.

It could also be a provisioning problem. If you just moved the SIM from one phone to another, without notifying Three, it may be that this phone needs to be properly provisioned in the Three system to work correctly.

At the phone level, you could try resetting your APN. (Settings > Network & internet > Mobile Network > Advanced > Access Point Names > 3-dot menu > Reset to default.

Let me know if any of this helps.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
jammydodger
Fanfold Paper
Views: 748
Message 3 of 4

The new software update seems to have fixed this problem. 

UKscott
Fanfold Paper
Views: 668
Message 4 of 4

The problem eventually went away without me doing anything.  It may have been fixed in the September update, but I installed that update about a week before the problem disappeared. 

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors