Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maniel
Punch Card
Views: 618
Message 1 of 15

magnetometer stops working after some time

Magnetometer stops working after some time, reboot is needed for it to work, i can't use compas without it, it stands still, attached a screenshot from Sensors Multitool app

Screenshot_20190530-142633.png

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 576
Message 2 of 15

Re: magnetometer stops working after some time

@maniel wrote:

Magnetometer stops working after some time, reboot is needed for it to work, i can't use compas without it, it stands still, attached a screenshot from Sensors Multitool app

Hi.

The best way to test this is with Google Maps. Open Maps and look at your current location dot. If it has the little "fan" coming off of it, the magnetometer is working - the fan shows the direction you are facing.

I guess if it is not working consistently I would first test it in Safe Mode, to make sure the issue isn't app interference. To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up.

Unfortunately, if it is truly cutting out at times, then repair would be your next option. (Or return for another unit since it is so new.)

Let me know. Sorry you're having issues with this.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 572
Message 3 of 15

@MattForumsMngr wrote:

@maniel wrote:

Hi.

The best way to test this is with Google Maps. Open Maps and look at your current location dot. If it has the little "fan" coming off of it, the magnetometer is working - the fan shows the direction you are facing.

I guess if it is not working consistently I would first test it in Safe Mode, to make sure the issue isn't app interference. To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up.

Unfortunately, if it is truly cutting out at times, then repair would be your next option. (Or return for another unit since it is so new.)

Let me know. Sorry you're having issues with this.

- Matt

Hi again.

If none of the above suggestions has an impact, would you mind generating a bug report for us? The steps are not as complicated as they look. 

After you see this problem...

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled and will show in your Settings menu.
3. Go to Settings > Developer options > Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings > Developer options > Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings > Developer options > Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
7. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and share the link to the BugReport via an email to supportforums@motorola.com, and include a note referring to this post so we know what it refers to.
8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Many thanks.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
maniel
Punch Card
Views: 559
Message 4 of 15

thanks for the response, the suggestion safe mode about safe mode is a nice tip, didn't knew about it, will be usable in the future

as for the problem it happened only two times randomly, both times there was no blue "fan" in google maps, i have yet to pinpoint this problem, will then proceed with generating bug report

seklethor
Paper Tape
Views: 534
Message 5 of 15

I have exactly the same problem with my Motorola One Visuon. 

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 523
Message 6 of 15

@seklethor wrote:

I have exactly the same problem with my Motorola One Visuon. 

Hi. Thanks for reporting.

If you observe this and can generate a bug report -- as described above -- that could be very helpful.

Also, if both of you could make sure your profile is updated with current phone, carrier and serial number, this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Thanks,

- Matt

rafa_elds
Fanfold Paper
Views: 450
Message 7 of 15

Same problem here. But it hasn't happened since the June patch, which I got yesterday.

phavekes
Punch Card
Views: 359
Message 8 of 15

I stil didn't receive the june update? When will it arrive on my phone? Can I force the update?

rafa_elds
Fanfold Paper
Views: 345
Message 9 of 15

Maybe it's being rolled out in phases, or it was pulled out because of some bug. I got it in Brazil. Perhaps a forum admin could help?
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 307
Message 10 of 15

@phavekes wrote:

I stil didn't receive the june update? When will it arrive on my phone? Can I force the update?

We can look into this. What is your current software version?

Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Thanks,

- Matt

Top Kudoed Authors