Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vartik84
Paper Tape
Views: 2,907
Message 1 of 12

motorola one vision NFC chip location

Hi, in which part of the phone is NFC chip located ? I came from galaxy S7 where NFC chip is in the middle of the phone and already got som problems paying with my phone (using area in the middle of the phone). This is pretty long phone so I guess it does matter which part of the phone I should use for contactless payment.Thanks!

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 2,838
Message 2 of 12

Re: motorola one vision NFC chip location

@vartik84 wrote:

Hi, in which part of the phone is NFC chip located ? I came from galaxy S7 where NFC chip is in the middle of the phone and already got som problems paying with my phone (using area in the middle of the phone). This is pretty long phone so I guess it does matter which part of the phone I should use for contactless payment.Thanks!

Hi.

We're looking into this and will let you know.

Thanks!

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
GhettoLevis
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,824
Message 3 of 12

About two fingers below the fingerprint reader. My wife had to take off her NFC ring, because it always triggered when she was holding the phone.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 2,790
Message 4 of 12

@GhettoLevis wrote:

About two fingers below the fingerprint reader. My wife had to take off her NFC ring, because it always triggered when she was holding the phone.

That sounds about right. It is centered below the FPS on the back, running vertically.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
vartik84
Paper Tape
Views: 2,783
Message 5 of 12

Thanks guys. I was paying multiple times today using middle part of the phone without any trouble Smiley Happy

maniel
Token Ring
Views: 2,732
Message 6 of 12

yeah, it's kind of troublesome, either top or bottom of the phone would be more convenient, because you hold the phone in the middle, you have to change the grip when you pay, also some terminals are hard to reach that way

vartik84
Paper Tape
Views: 2,453
Message 7 of 12

After month of using my One Vision for NFC payments (Google Pay), i have to say, that there are frequent errors. Sometimes I get error message on my phone like : "You removed your phone too quickly" (I'm translating the error message from my mother language) even tho I'm still holding the phone against terminal. Another error message is "Use one card only" on the payment terminal. It's like 50% chance that I get error message when paying using my phone. Any suggestions ? Is this case for reclamation ?
maniel
Token Ring
Views: 2,445
Message 8 of 12

as i wrote, it's because of extremely inconvenient nfc chip placement which is almost in the middle of the phone, sometimes it's hard to place a phone correctly over the terminal

vartik84
Paper Tape
Views: 2,442
Message 9 of 12

But since I know where is the chip located and I'm doing my best to position it correctly, I would expect the ratio of errors to be much smaller.

Highlighted
ericknoleto
Paper Tape
Views: 2,117
Message 10 of 12

I got a thin metal plate just at the NFC location (I use it with a magnetic car holder)...
NFC payment never worked, always get an error (I'm using Google Pay).

Perhaps the metal plate is making any kind of interference? Or perhaps I'm just used to my S9+ NFC position (close to it's top)... 
I'm going to try again with/without the metal plate but close to the fingerprint scanner next time...

Top Kudoed Authors