05-31-2019 09:05 AM
Yes you can look if it is safe for me
There is one app that is crashing frequently and could be a source of this issue. It's an app that allows you to run multiple versions of apps on the phone at the same time. Can you try removing that for a time to see if battery life improves?
Also, wondering if you are using GPS services frequently?
If removing the app doesn't improve battery life, I'd like to get a bug report. The instructions look complex but it's really pretty simple.
1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled and will show in your Settings menu.
3. Go to Settings > Developer options > Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings > Developer options > Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings > Developer options > Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
7. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and share the link to the BugReport via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include a note referring to this post so we know what it refers to.
8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.
06-08-2019 03:48 AM
06-10-2019 06:41 AM
I can confirm that. My mobile phone (XT1970-3, German Provider Vodafone) uses 22% battery within 24 hours and is almost exclusively in standby mode. These are very bad values for a 3500 mAh battery. There is probably something wrong with the software.
06-10-2019 08:06 AM
expecting an update for better battery backup. Please respond to their request
I replied to you above with some suggestions and a request. Can you please respond?
06-10-2019 08:20 AM
We're happy to investigate issues, using your IMEI, so if yours is not in your profile, please add it.
Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.
Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
06-12-2019 06:46 AM
Hi got the low Battery Problem too. My IMEI is set and is ok to look on my device. Maybe it helps with the GPS Test Moto Help App-Bug (other Thread) too.
Not seeing the IMEI in your profile. Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
06-12-2019 06:53 AM
Yeah, battery is only weak thing in Moto O.V.
Can you give some specifics? Because based on your check-in data (thanks for having your IMEI in your profile) your battery life is really outstanding. So if you are not experiencing good battery life, please give me some data on how long you see it lasting without needing to charge.
Also, please let me know if it's alright to look at your apps for clues to any issues.