10-26-2019

IT

6 Signins

59 Page Views

• Views: 59
  • Message 1 of 7

phone audio: I can hear them, they can't hear me

2019-10-26, 10:13 AM

Motorola One vision bought on July 2019. Experiencing microphone prob since 1 week. Already tried every test in moto help app and it's not hardware problem. Already switched off any Google voice/assistant setting and moto voice. Already run the phone in provvisor mode but nothing helped. Very disappointed. What can i do. It's really embarassing.

Options

33 Posts

04-17-2015

BR

248 Signins

2299 Page Views

• Views: 2299
  • Message 2 of 7

Re: phone audio: I can hear them, they can't hear me

2019-10-27, 15:25 PM
Well, since you already have tested the microphones and tried safe mode there may be something with the process of your phone's modem encoding the incoming audio signal into cell/mobile call data.

I am not a Motorola employee or expert, but as a last resort could you try using the phone with a different carrier, using someone else's SIM card? Just to rule out any possibility of being something related to your carrier.
Options

18213 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2283 Signins

55727 Page Views

• Views: 55727
  • Message 3 of 7

2019-10-29, 14:14 PM

wrote:

Motorola One vision bought on July 2019. Experiencing microphone prob since 1 week. Already tried every test in moto help app and it's not hardware problem. Already switched off any Google voice/assistant setting and moto voice. Already run the phone in provvisor mode but nothing helped. Very disappointed. What can i do. It's really embarassing.

Hi.

There are a few things to check in situations like this, to make sure it's not a signal or device issue.

• Phone position. When using as a handset, it's very easy to relax your hand and let the mic drift away from your mouth. (I do this all. The. Time.) Pivot the phone at your ear to reposition the mic and see if that improves things.
  • Do you have a case or screen protector on the phone? If so, could it be covering the mic hole?
  • Is there debris in the mic hole, such as lint? Remove gently.
  • Test voice calls using speakerphone or a wired or Bluetooth headset. If those work, it will indicate that it's not the signal.

Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate things like your signal coverage. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

4 Posts

10-26-2019

IT

6 Signins

59 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2019-10-29, 19:50 PM

So you mean just trying run the phone with a SIM CARD of another operator right?

Options

4 Posts

10-26-2019

IT

6 Signins

59 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2019-10-29, 19:53 PM

In any case i see that it works if i use headphones.

Options

4 Posts

10-26-2019

IT

6 Signins

59 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2019-10-29, 20:00 PM

Already tried cleaning and removing cover.

Yes it's working if i use headphones. don't think it's a signal problem

Privacy is on, you're more then welcomed to give support.

Options

1 Posts

06-10-2020

BR

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 7 of 7

Re:phone audio: I can hear them, they can't hear me

2020-06-10, 2:42 AM

Identified my problem in less than 5 minutes. Malfunction started right after Android 10 update.

It is important to say taht Moto Help doesn't exist anymore. Look for Device Help and then Device diagnosis > Hardware Test > Microphone

My problem is that the bottom mic is not working anymore. On ( not speaker ) calls , the phone uses the bottom mic for voice and ( maybe ) the upper mic for noise cancelling. That is why nobody can hear me.

When using Whatsapp, calls with speaker on, videos and hardware test, the phone uses both mics. In these cases, the upper mic can compensate the faulty one.

So, for those who can't be heard on calls do the test covering the upper mic and reply.

Hope this helps Motorola to give us a proper solution.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete