09-11-2019

US

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 3

Auto Reply Question

2019-10-10, 1:24 AM

Right now, when I'm driving, texts I receive automatically receive an auto reply that I'm driving and cannot respond.  How do I change the message or delete the auto reply entirely.  I've tried everything I can think of with no success.  I'm with AT&T.

Dan

Options

17886 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2244 Signins

53637 Page Views

• Views: 53637
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Auto Reply Question

2019-10-11, 14:32 PM

wrote:

Right now, when I'm driving, texts I receive automatically receive an auto reply that I'm driving and cannot respond.  How do I change the message or delete the auto reply entirely.  I've tried everything I can think of with no success.  I'm with AT&T.

Dan

Hi.

I don't think we've had a feature like that in several years. I thought it may be Android Auto, but as far as I can tell, it won't do auto-replies either.

Can you test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. If you don't get the replies in Safe Mode, then it's an app and we can try to figure out which one.

Pretty nice feature, IMO.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

31 Posts

12-17-2008

US

123 Signins

971 Page Views

• Views: 971
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Auto Reply Question

2019-10-11, 14:34 PM

SMS Autoreply is a feature of Android Auto - launch the app and check settings.

Edit: after some additional testing, it seems that Android Auto just provides a button for quick response.

There is a discussion on the topic, seems like some cars doing this automatically:

https://support.google.com/androidauto/thread/3821457?hl=en

--
DJ
NJ
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save