11-14-2019

US

16 Signins

150 Page Views

• Views: 150
  • Message 1 of 12

Camera Must Haves and Fixes - Please add To Next Update

2019-11-15, 8:45 AM

White Balance is was off on many colors and on others can look to light or washed out. Please Fix this!

Must Have....

1:1 Square Crop Overlay for Social media pictures like Instagram and for eccomerce product pics for sites like Poshmark.

Ability to set Exposure Compensation

HDR + 

Use DCI-P3 Color Space 

Options

19206 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2356 Signins

58147 Page Views

• Views: 58147
  • Message 2 of 12

Re: Camera Must Haves and Fixes - Please add To Next Update

2019-11-18, 16:41 PM

wrote:

White Balance is was off on many colors and on others can look to light or washed out. Please Fix this!

Must Have....

1:1 Square Crop Overlay for Social media pictures like Instagram and for eccomerce product pics for sites like Poshmark.

Ability to set Exposure Compensation

HDR + 

Use DCI-P3 Color Space 

Thanks for the feedback. I know hardware can impose some limitations, but we can pass this on. 

There are Exposure settings you can adjust, both via the super-easy Brightness slider and using manual controls. What are you looking for?

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

19206 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2356 Signins

58147 Page Views

• Message 3 of 12

2019-11-20, 15:58 PM

Hi.

Google Photos does include a square-crop option.

Is this what you were looking for?

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

10 Posts

11-14-2019

US

16 Signins

150 Page Views

• Message 4 of 12

2019-11-20, 23:00 PM

No not what I mean. That is useless if the picture is not lined up with in the original photo. The only thing that is good for is to crop something small out of a picture.

I do a ton of ecommerce. So I take product pictures. You want the product to take up the entire crop section.

So as is now if I take pic and go to crop latter the pic is either to small or cut off.

Also since I take HUNDREDS of product pics a week I use a program to run through and crop all my images. This means the product must be properly lined up in all the photos.

So you will see all the major camera apps in the appstore have what is called a crop overlay.

So example open camera has feature called "Show a crop guide" you can choose many different ones.

1:1, 5:4,4:3, etc....

So I chose 1:1 it will put a yellow square over the camera screen so I can line up the product perfectly inside the crop box. Now when I go to run it through the software it already lined up. Otherwise I would have to do hundreds of pictures one at a time because the crops what be all over the place.

This is an example using open camera. The yellow box is the crop overlay guide. So I just line up the product so it fills the box and then latter I can just run all the pics through my program and then crop perfectly.

I can not use open camera because of the 32mb to 12mb conversion so pictures for one are not crisp and two they often come out with gray backgrounds instead of white. So the camera in the phone has a problem with third party camera apps.

I have to use Motto camera which I prefer but whiteout a crop guide. I have to spend hours upon hours every week crop pics one by one.

Every major camera app has this feature or at the very least a grid overlay like you already have but with grids that can line up a perfect crop photos.

Your grid does not work for this as it is too small. I think you use 4x4 gird where a 3;3 would work but still not ideal..

The crop overlay feature would benefit every user you have that does eccomerce pictures.

Options

10 Posts

11-14-2019

US

16 Signins

150 Page Views

• Message 5 of 12

2019-11-20, 23:07 PM

No not what I mean. That is useless if the picture is not lined up with in the original photo. The only thing that is good for is to crop something small out of a picture.

I do a ton of ecommerce. So I take product pictures. You want the product to take up the entire crop section.

So as is now if I take pic and go to crop latter the pic is either to small or cut off.

Also since I take HUNDREDS of product pics a week I use a program to run through and crop all my images. This means the product must be properly lined up in all the photos.

So you will see all the major camera apps in the appstore have what is called a crop overlay.

So example open camera has feature called "Show a crop guide" you can choose many different ones.

1:1, 5:4,4:3, etc....

So I chose 1:1 it will put a yellow square over the camera screen so I can line up the product perfectly inside the crop box. Now when I go to run it through the software it already lined up. Otherwise I would have to do hundreds of pictures one at a time because the crops what be all over the place.

This is an example using open camera. The yellow box is the crop overlay guide. So I just line up the product so it fills the box and then latter I can just run all the pics through my program and then crop perfectly.

I can not use open camera because of the 32mb to 12mb conversion so pictures for one are not crisp and two they often come out with gray backgrounds instead of white. So the camera in the phone has a problem with third party camera apps.

I have to use Motto camera which I prefer but whiteout a crop guide. I have to spend hours upon hours every week crop pics one by one.

Every major camera app has this feature or at the very least a grid overlay like you already have but with grids that can line up a perfect crop photos.

Your grid does not work for this as it is too small. I think you use 4x4 gird where a 3;3 would work but still not ideal..

The crop overlay feature would benefit every user you have that does eccomerce pictures.

Options

10 Posts

11-14-2019

US

16 Signins

150 Page Views

• Message 6 of 12

2019-11-28, 8:17 AM

You are the worst forum moderator I have ever seen...

Had my phone two months, how do I return it?

You delete my post constantly with zero explanation..

I have had it with you and Motorola... I am calling Motorola on Friday and telling them I am returning this piece of garbage zoom phone.

The camera is pure junk the camera app is more junk.... And you this clown of a forum moderator feel it is OK to just delete post you do not agree with...

I am calling Motorola on Friday to report your behavior in this forum... You just lost them as customer for life.

So explain to me and Motorola how telling you that your amateur crop suggestion is not what I need and providing a screen shot of open camera to show what I mean, warrants removal of my post.

I have read the forum rules and it violated none of them...

Leaving review now on the zoom page and including your name in one of the reasons to stay away from this phone and company.

going to go file BBB complaint now.... Enjoy!!!

Options

191 Posts

03-20-2016

DE

220 Signins

2113 Page Views

• Views: 2113
  • Message 7 of 12

2019-11-30, 17:21 PM

just embarrassing! I miss the internet from 20 years ago...that there was still a certain netiquette

Options

19206 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2356 Signins

58147 Page Views

• Message 8 of 12

2019-12-02, 16:53 PM

wrote:

You are the worst forum moderator I have ever seen...

Had my phone two months, how do I return it?

You delete my post constantly with zero explanation..

I have had it with you and Motorola... I am calling Motorola on Friday and telling them I am returning this piece of garbage zoom phone.

The camera is pure junk the camera app is more junk.... And you this clown of a forum moderator feel it is OK to just delete post you do not agree with...

I am calling Motorola on Friday to report your behavior in this forum... You just lost them as customer for life.

So explain to me and Motorola how telling you that your amateur crop suggestion is not what I need and providing a screen shot of open camera to show what I mean, warrants removal of my post.

I have read the forum rules and it violated none of them...

Leaving review now on the zoom page and including your name in one of the reasons to stay away from this phone and company.

going to go file BBB complaint now.... Enjoy!!!

I didn't delete your post. I am not sure what happened, but I'm guessing that it was posted twice. I see it deleted twice, so I think a moderator saw the duplicate and accidentally deleted them both -- or two moderators saw it at the same time and each deleted one? I'm guessing here. Nothing wrong with your response.

But this post? Frustration is natural but in our community, I would prefer you would assume innocence vs. malice. My responses up to that point were polite and, I think, thorough. I went to some trouble to illustrate the crop feature. Yes, it wasn't what you were looking for, but I couldn't know that until I tried, right?

I will pass on your feedback to the camera team; we appreciate it. While we're not specifically targeting a professional marketer with the phone's camera, it's good to know that we are close enough that a few changes may be sufficient to meet that need.

I'm sorry the phone didn't meet your needs.

- Matt

forums manager

Options

10 Posts

11-14-2019

US

16 Signins

150 Page Views

• Message 9 of 12

2019-12-04, 21:43 PM

This phone is not going to work. It was you high end camera phone as of a month ago. Two months ago as well when I bought it.

The white balance is horrible. Certain colors are not even close. Using manual white balance is horrible. When I take a picture of certain color shirts it takes the pic ok at a distance and then once I go close to take close up the color will change completely.

Certain blues for example. Ok color from far for first pic then as I walk closer to take close up the color completly fades and washes out.

Still using android 10... This week just two months after selling us on this is your high end camera phone you release the hyper for just $50 more with a MUCH better camera and andoid 10 when we have not even gotten android 10 yet..

Priorioties Motorola like your current customers first.... Android 10 update is long past due. 

Two  releases just two months later with a much better camera is criminal..... Lets sell people on the one zoom as the high end Motorola "camera" phone and then a month later release action and then one more month later release the hyper and leave zoom users sitll on android 9 and with a horrible camera phoen with no fix in site.

So we dont fix the problems with current release we jsut keep releasing new phones to fix the problems and all us suckers that were stupid enough to buy zoom are screwed.

Options

10 Posts

11-14-2019

US

16 Signins

150 Page Views

• Message 10 of 12

2019-12-04, 22:14 PM

Callback from level 3 tech. I miss the call. He leaves return number. I call and get tranfered 5 times and 60 minutes later being transfered again.

Support here sucks. The refuse to let me return the phone because they state I am outide return period. Ya I am they have dragged these support calls and trouble shooting on just long enough to screw me and make me keep it. Thank god I used Affirm calling them now to tell them Motorlola refuses to see if there is a fix for the camea and tell them no more payments will be made until I get a fix or a return or an exchange. 

Insead of fix the zoom we will just release the Hyper with all the fixes and you zoom users will be stuck with crap....

Thanks Motorloa way to treat your long time customers. This was 4th Motorola phone and now the last!!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete