03-03-2017

US

34 Signins

228 Page Views

• Views: 228
  • Message 1 of 3

Can't use Motorola one or One zoom on Verizon

2019-10-01, 18:51 PM

Will moto ever release one of these for Verizon? Cannot understand the marketing behind preventiing the use of a phone(s) on the largest USA network? It really cannot cost that much considering LG/Samsun/Google and a few others make unlocked phones that work on all networks.

Options

988 Posts

04-27-2011

US

169 Signins

2764 Page Views

• Views: 2764
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Can't use Motorola one or One zoom on Verizon

2019-10-01, 19:34 PM

My guess is that Verizon has certain requirements and they need to have everything a certain way in order to have a device on their network.

IMO, Verizon needs to drop their CDMA network and join the worlds GSM network since GSM is worldwide.

Options

9 Posts

03-03-2017

US

34 Signins

228 Page Views

• Views: 228
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Can't use Motorola one or One zoom on Verizon

2019-10-03, 15:40 PM

Verizon is droping CDMA at the end of this year and basically, every place you will travel will not connect to CDMA anyway using LTE. However, in some of the backwood areas, CDMA is still used until it is gone. But many of the MVNOs running on Verizon towers still require a phone to have CDMA capability (that will most likely change after 2020).

I use Verizon towers and my MVNO shows the phones I asked about not being usable on their network. And was a long time user of Moto phones from the early days of the Startacs to the Droid series up to the Z-Force I have retired to become a clock in my bedroom.

But the only phones that Moto offers are the two I noted and they are not acceptable meanwhile there are other Moto phones that are acceptable due to the CDMA info.

But my original quesiton was not answered. WILL Motorola ever offer CDMA on those phones I listed? I'm waiting for a MOTO rep to step in and answer, but not holding my breath. 

But they need to know for people l like me who need CDMA we will jump, like I did, to other phones from other companies and if we find the phones to be as good, we will most likely stay with the other company. In my case, I purchased a used LG G7 from swappa, l like it, so far very reliable, but I still like moto phones. (I might ask why motor is against wirless charging too.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save