10-17-2014

IT

49 Signins

989 Page Views

• Views: 989
  • Message 1 of 3

Contacts sharing - Android 10

2020-09-15, 21:32 PM

Finally Android 10 is here. It was about time, I must say.

Everything seems ok, also the new Motorola features. Well done!

Unfortunately there is something wrong with sharing contacts.

With Android 9 it was easy and effective: open Contacts app, select contact, share with any app (most used for me was whatsapp, and whatsapp frequent contacts were in the first row of the sharing menu). Done.

With Android 10: open Contacts app, select contact, share ... well, the sharing menu now shows a .vcf filename, then the list of available apps. If you select Whatsapp it says that the format is not compatible and Whatsapp app closes. I checked with different contacts, and I found out that the one and only working is my wife's one: she has got a Moto G Pro/Stylus on Android 10, and her phone has got the same problems in sharing contacts. With Messages app everything seems ok, even if there's a delay when opening messages (maybe a format conversion occurs in the background).  

I already tried (on both phones) to clean the cache and memory of the Contacts app, and also to eliminate google account and then re-add it, but nothing happens.

Any clue? Thanks in advance!

Solved! See the solution
Options

19 Posts

10-17-2014

IT

49 Signins

989 Page Views

• Views: 989
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Contacts sharing - Android 10

2020-09-16, 6:58 AM

Well, something happened overnight (phone in charge, no updates) and now it is working again... 

Sorry for having bothered you. 

Options

2679 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

361 Signins

24815 Page Views

• Views: 24815
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Contacts sharing - Android 10

2020-09-16, 10:51 AM

@ cmox wrote:

Well, something happened overnight (phone in charge, no updates) and now it is working again... 

Sorry for having bothered you. 

Glad to know your device is working back to normal before we could even help. If there is anything else you need help with, please write us back.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete