Motorola Community

motorola one Phonesmotorola one zoom
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

12-16-2019

GB

3 Signins

58 Page Views

  • Posts: 5
  • Registered: ‎12-16-2019
  • Location: GB
  • Views: 58
  • Message 1 of 7

Face unlock stopped working

2019-12-16, 23:35 PM

Face unlock was working ok, but won't work since Motorola upadate - Securtiy update 1 November.
Tried turning FR off and on again, tried redoing face scan.

Anybody else seeing this?

Nigel 

Solved! See the solution
Reply
Options

19377 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2392 Signins

59443 Page Views

  • Posts: 19377
  • Registered: ‎02-03-2016
  • Location: US
  • Views: 59443
  • Message 2 of 7

Re: Face unlock stopped working

2019-12-17, 15:06 PM

 wrote:

Face unlock was working ok, but won't work since Motorola upadate - Securtiy update 1 November.
Tried turning FR off and on again, tried redoing face scan.

Anybody else seeing this?

Nigel 


Hi.

 

Sounds like you are able to scan your face, etc., just fine, right? But when you try to use Face Unlock, do you see any error message? Do you see the little Face Unlock icon come up at all?

 

It occurs to me that you might try Attentive Display, as a way to check for any possible interference with general face recognition.

 

Thanks,

 

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Reply
Options

5 Posts

12-16-2019

GB

3 Signins

58 Page Views

  • Posts: 5
  • Registered: ‎12-16-2019
  • Location: GB
  • Views: 58
  • Message 3 of 7

Re: Face unlock stopped working

2019-12-17, 22:48 PM
Thanks for your answer. No error message - it just doesn't work any more. Attentive display seems to work - I just had to stare at my phone for 1 minute x 2 [with/without] to test this!
Still no face unlock though :(
Reply
Options

19377 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2392 Signins

59443 Page Views

  • Posts: 19377
  • Registered: ‎02-03-2016
  • Location: US
  • Views: 59443
  • Message 4 of 7

Re: Face unlock stopped working

2019-12-18, 15:05 PM

 wrote:
Thanks for your answer. No error message - it just doesn't work any more. Attentive display seems to work - I just had to stare at my phone for 1 minute x 2 [with/without] to test this!
Still no face unlock though :(

Hi.

 

Mine seems to be working fine. Can you confirm your software version?

 

When you press the power key, do you see the little lock at the bottom of the screen turn into a little face? (It's quick so you have to watch for it.)

 

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Reply
Options

18 Posts

01-22-2018

RS

50 Signins

802 Page Views

  • Posts: 18
  • Registered: ‎01-22-2018
  • Location: RS
  • Views: 802
  • Message 5 of 7

Re: Face unlock stopped working

2019-12-18, 17:53 PM

It works for me.

Reply
Options

5 Posts

12-16-2019

GB

3 Signins

58 Page Views

  • Posts: 5
  • Registered: ‎12-16-2019
  • Location: GB
  • Views: 58
  • Message 6 of 7

Re: Face unlock stopped working

2019-12-18, 18:05 PM

Hi

I'm on Android 9 build number PPHS29.59-49-2.
Software channel: Amazon
Thanks for your responses - I've got it working ok again now.

It seems like smart lock for my home location was messing with it.

 

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Reply
Options

19377 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2392 Signins

59443 Page Views

  • Posts: 19377
  • Registered: ‎02-03-2016
  • Location: US
  • Views: 59443
  • Message 7 of 7

Re: Face unlock stopped working

2019-12-18, 19:54 PM

 wrote:

Hi

I'm on Android 9 build number PPHS29.59-49-2.
Software channel: Amazon
Thanks for your responses - I've got it working ok again now.

It seems like smart lock for my home location was messing with it.

 


Great! Thanks for letting us know.

 

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Reply
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete