03-21-2017

IT

72 Signins

521 Page Views

• Views: 521
  • Message 1 of 6

Fingerprint reader not work

2020-10-17, 9:38 AM

Hello, after Android 10 update I'm getting more and more errors with fingerprint reading and this is becoming very annoying, so annoying that sometimes I'm tempted to get rid of this feature. I haven't changed anything else (like protective glass) and I've tried several times to register again the fingerprint.

Does anybody experience the same issue? Is there any way to test the reader to understand if it's defective?

I understand the fingerprint reader under the screen cannot be compared with the standard one I had on Moto X4 for example, but this way is at least useless if not worse. 

Thanks,

G

Options

2836 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

377 Signins

26365 Page Views

• Views: 26365
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:Fingerprint reader not work

2020-10-20, 11:35 AM

@ Decru wrote:

Hello, after Android 10 update I'm getting more and more errors with fingerprint reading and this is becoming very annoying, so annoying that sometimes I'm tempted to get rid of this feature. I haven't changed anything else (like protective glass) and I've tried several times to register again the fingerprint.

Does anybody experience the same issue? Is there any way to test the reader to understand if it's defective?

I understand the fingerprint reader under the screen cannot be compared with the standard one I had on Moto X4 for example, but this way is at least useless if not worse. 

Thanks,

G

Hi,

Sorry to know about this, Please confirm this, were you getting the fingerprint issue before the update? What is the error you are getting? 

Kindly confirm in order to assist you further. 

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

44 Posts

06-05-2020

GB

25 Signins

250 Page Views

• Views: 250
  • Message 3 of 6

2020-10-20, 18:04 PM

I second this, the reader takes AGES and often just doesn't recognize a finger print until the 5th attempt. 

Options

29 Posts

03-21-2017

IT

72 Signins

521 Page Views

• Views: 521
  • Message 4 of 6

2020-10-20, 18:18 PM

Basically I keep putting the finger on the sensor without moving it and the phone continue giving me failed attempt each time until I don't get the final error and the unlock sequence is requested. Cleaning the screen sometimes helps, but most of the times doesn't. This is very annoying especially when I'm in a hurry.

This happened also with Android 9 sometimes but with 10 happens continuously.

Any suggestion?

Options

5 Posts

09-23-2020

CN

4 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 5 of 6

2020-10-27, 4:32 AM

Yes, I have also noticed that the fingerprint reader is not as accurate since upgrading to 10. I find that pressing very softly can help, but it still faces way more errors than it used to. This is one of several issues my Zoom has experienced since the upgrade. 

Options

2836 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

377 Signins

26365 Page Views

• Views: 26365
  • Message 6 of 6

2020-10-27, 11:11 AM

Hi all,

Thanks for reporting this. I would suggest you remove all of your fingerprints and re-register then leave it for a couple of days. Let the fingerprints adjust with the new software.

Let me know if you don't see any improvements after 3-4 days.

I will be monitoring this thread, I will be waiting for your response. 

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete