SK

114 Signins

682 Page Views

• Views: 682
  • Message 11 of 60

Re: Initial Software Performance

2019-10-02, 18:21 PM

Hi Matt ,

I can only confirm what TXdrew answered.

I also have same apps which I had on Moto X4 and it was not happening there. By what I am not saying that on Moto one zoom this cannot be an issue, if so I would like to know which app is causing this.

I have motorola privacy shared. 

I know you do not wish people to DM you, but I am going to send you bug report, it was not taken right after the freeze but still you might find some valuable info there.

Thank you for your help!

Kind regards,

Valeria

Options

32 Posts

10-01-2019

SK

114 Signins

682 Page Views

• Message 12 of 60

2019-10-02, 18:56 PM

Hi Matt ,

I managed to take a bug report after the freeze. In the link I sent you into the PM you can find the new one as well.

Thank you

Valeria

Options

17919 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2248 Signins

53907 Page Views

• Views: 53907
  • Message 13 of 60

2019-10-03, 13:47 PM

wrote:

Hi Matt ,

I managed to take a bug report after the freeze. In the link I sent you into the PM you can find the new one as well.

Thank you

Valeria

Thanks.

Looking at both of your phones, I do see some app crashes. Not a ton, but regularly/daily. 

Sorry to go this way, but before we go through a lot of analytics, I have to recommend a factory data reset without restoring apps. Basically a clean set-up, though of course you can restore your apps from your Google Play account after resetting. My gut is telling me that this could resolve this, as the crashes are generally on pretty basic applications vs. some obscure or problematic app.

Let me know.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

32 Posts

10-01-2019

SK

114 Signins

682 Page Views

• Message 14 of 60

2019-10-04, 19:36 PM

wrote:

wrote:

Hi Matt ,

Thank you

Valeria

Thanks.

Looking at both of your phones, I do see some app crashes. Not a ton, but regularly/daily. 

Sorry to go this way, but before we go through a lot of analytics, I have to recommend a factory data reset without restoring apps. Basically a clean set-up, though of course you can restore your apps from your Google Play account after resetting. My gut is telling me that this could resolve this, as the crashes are generally on pretty basic applications vs. some obscure or problematic app.

Let me know.

- Matt

Hello Matt,

Thank you for your suggestion but I am afraid that this is not going to work. As the crashed became unacceptable (really often and restarts stopped helping), I followed your instructions and resetted  the phone today, installed new Android 9 from scratch. Then I setup the email account and I also downloaded all my apps again from store instead of restoring them. I'm still not done with all my settings and the phone already froze again ?

I don't know what I'm doing wrongly, I'm so happy with the phone, the photos and everything but these freezes are so annoying and becoming worse in time.

New bug report is on the same link I sent you to the PM.

Please help.

Kind regards,

Valeria

Options

32 Posts

10-01-2019

SK

114 Signins

682 Page Views

• Message 15 of 60

2019-10-05, 17:36 PM

After the whole installatoin, setup ane 2 freezes  I restarted the phone and it was working smoothly for several hours. But unfortunatelly it froze again right after I unlocked the phone and tried to open an app. So it looks like a fresh install helped a little, but I am afraid that in a few days the number of freezes would be back to unacceptable level again. So my conclusion is that it did not solve the problem :(

Options

32 Posts

10-01-2019

SK

114 Signins

682 Page Views

• Message 16 of 60

2019-10-07, 9:45 AM

Hi all,

An update. Yesterday I tried this solution:

So far, it works smoothly. It looks like it's the problem with settings of some app so it's possible that once I'm done with all my settings, the problem might occur again. But this way I can at least get closer to the problematic app, maybe even isolate it. Let's see. I'll report you on case of any progress or update.

Options

17919 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2248 Signins

53907 Page Views

• Views: 53907
  • Message 17 of 60

2019-10-07, 15:09 PM

wrote:

Hi all,

An update. Yesterday I tried this solution:

So far, it works smoothly. It looks like it's the problem with settings of some app so it's possible that once I'm done with all my settings, the problem might occur again. But this way I can at least get closer to the problematic app, maybe even isolate it. Let's see. I'll report you on case of any progress or update.

Hi.

Thanks for this. Please do let me know if it happens again. If it does, we would be eager to get a bug report.

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled and will show in your Settings menu.
3. Go to Settings > Developer options > Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings > Developer options > Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings > Developer options > Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
7. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and share the link to the Bug Report via an email to supportforums@motorola.com, and include a note referring to this post so we know what it refers to.
8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Thanks,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

21 Posts

06-16-2015

US

39 Signins

739 Page Views

• Views: 739
  • Message 18 of 60

2019-10-07, 16:33 PM

I was waiting to reply until my issues resurfaced. After clearing the Moto App Launcher storage, my phone was stable for a few days. The freezing just returned this weekend after I installed my first app since clearing the storage. The app is known to be troublesome, but was needed for my son's birthday present. Now my phone is freezing again. When It's frozen, it's completely unresponsive for 20 seconds or more. I can press and hold the power button to force a reboot, but instead I just leave it alone until it recovers.

Options

32 Posts

10-01-2019

SK

114 Signins

682 Page Views

• Message 19 of 60

2019-10-07, 17:33 PM
@TXdrew , may I ask which app was it? If it isn't secret...
Options

21 Posts

06-16-2015

US

39 Signins

739 Page Views

• Views: 739
  • Message 20 of 60

2019-10-07, 18:54 PM

Sometimes I do wish I had a more exciting secret life :smileyvery-happy:

Sadly, it was just a bluetooth remote control app for a programmable toy.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vex.pilot.app&hl=en_US

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save