Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 375
Message 51 of 58

Re: Initial Software Performance

@valalolo wrote:

Hi, I'm going to claim for a repair. I think that there's a serious problem with my phone. I noticed that this is happening mostly when I'm accessing the file system. Mostly when I'm in the photos, documents, or when I'm using an app that has an access to a storage, it is freezing. The phone started resetting since yesterday. Once it restarted while lying on the table, now it restarted when I was browsing the photos. It's also freezing when I'm on USB copying pictures or files into/from the phone. So I don't think that freezes will stop after a new software, I think that my phone is damaged as it is getting worse. 

Hi.

I can see that your phone is crashing like mad now. From our view it does look like a software update keeps trying to load and failing. I see eight crashes due to that over the past 12 days. 

Have you tried a full factory data reset without restore since the update a couple weeks ago?

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
valalolo
Punch Card
Views: 373
Message 52 of 58

Hi Matt,

thank you for looking. Yes, since the last update I did a factory reset and it started crashing already when I started setting the phone up from the scratch. I just resetted the phone, did not load any account just started with first settings like ringtones, notifications, colors and System UI stopped responding aleady. Clean system with nothing insalled, no account added. The more apps, more crashes (and I Installed only those apps that I really use). It was a little better when I started to use Nova launcher, but again it started to crash more and more, it also restarted twice just like that. Since yesterday I removed my SIM card and put it into my Moto X4 and it is running like a well oild machine.

To be sure that I am not doing anything wrong, I performed factory reset on X4 too, installed all the same apps, used mostly same settings like on One Zoom (mostly because I dont remember all by heart), copied all files as well and no crash on X4.

Today I communicated with a service and explained the behavior to them, what the One Zoom is doing and indeed they said that there msut be something wrong with it as people are normally using it with all their apps and settings and yes, it is not very fast phone, but it is definitely not crashy phone as well, nobody else here in Slovakia has this problem. They told me that sometimes crashes can be caused by SD card but as I am not using SD card, they told me to send it to them as it is definitely not okay to crash like that and it must be fixed. 

So... thank you for your help and I do not think that it is making any sense to waste any more time with this issue since I am sending it to the service. I can inform you about the final service statement as soon as I have it, as well about the improvement if any.

Kind regards,

Valeria

valalolo
Punch Card
Views: 327
Message 53 of 58

Hello Matt,

I gave it one last chance and reinstalled the system again from factory reset. And it's freezing. And now I'm pretty sure that it's not any app but it's the problem with my particular phone. While I was copying the photos from PC to phone via USB, the phone started disconnecting and crashing while photos were copied. I tried to copy them in safe mode and the situation was the same. Screenshot_20191106-161710.png

Screenshot_20191106-161702.png

valalolo
Punch Card
Views: 186
Message 54 of 58

A brief update - 2 days ago my phone returned from repair - in repair they replaced the motherboard, seems it was faulty from the manufactory.  It has been 2 days, no freeze, even copying all files from PC to phone run smoothly with zero disconnections.

Highlighted
TXdrew
Punch Card
Views: 133
Message 55 of 58

Matt,

Have you had a chance to review the logs from valalolo's new phone to verify that our issues are related to hardware? I'm still having sporatic freezing on my phone and would like to know if I should schedule it for repair.

Thank you for assisting. 

TXdrew
Punch Card
Views: 70
Message 56 of 58

Based on Valalolo's feedback, I submitted a repair request and the replacement phone is working great.

I initially thought the issue was caused by a memory leak, but after uninstalling all my apps it's now apparent that this is most likely an issue with one of the memory chips. We were hopeful as a group that the November update might resolve the issue, but it seemed to make the freezing more frequent. The phone continued to freeze even as I was wiping my data for return.

I'll post a follow-up message regarding the perfomance of my replacement phone after a week or so.

KiRiON
SCSI Port
Views: 46
Message 57 of 58

You get the November Update? Did i ask when u get the November Update? And what Region you are? 

valalolo
Punch Card
Views: 42
Message 58 of 58

Good luck Andrew, my phone is still working perfectly fine. The only thing I regret it that I didn't send the phone into the repair right away. If I sent it within 2 weeks from buying it, I could have a phone replaced with new one. I got influenced by this forum that it's probably sw issue and was doing resets and spending time in a waste, then I sent it to repair anyways but it was more than 2 weeks so it got fixed as it was HW problem. Now I have new phone which was already opened and services and glued, not that precisely so it's a bit visible so the case is a bit tight for it. But still happy that it's working well.

Top Kudoed Authors