12-23-2019

US

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 3

Jan 2021 T-Mobile VoLTE only

2020-09-08, 21:35 PM

I was just sent a warning email from my carrier that my Motorola One Zoom will no longer function on T-Mobile / Sprint, and looked it up and found the issue is Voice over LTE.
When I check my phone's settings, it says it IS already using voice over LTE.  However, when I put the IMEI in T-Mobile's compatibility website, it also says this phone is NOT compatible.

Is there any way to figure out for sure whether or not this phone will work as of Jan 2021, short of waiting for that time to come and seeing if it works or not?

Options

2576 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

355 Signins

24070 Page Views

• Views: 24070
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Jan 2021 T-Mobile VoLTE only

2020-09-15, 9:16 AM

@ LenardSimp wrote:

I was just sent a warning email from my carrier that my Motorola One Zoom will no longer function on T-Mobile / Sprint, and looked it up and found the issue is Voice over LTE.
When I check my phone's settings, it says it IS already using voice over LTE.  However, when I put the IMEI in T-Mobile's compatibility website, it also says this phone is NOT compatible.

Is there any way to figure out for sure whether or not this phone will work as of Jan 2021, short of waiting for that time to come and seeing if it works or not?

Hi,

Thanks for writing to us! I would like to inform you that currently it doesn't, however, it will support in future in T-Mobile.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

5 Posts

09-18-2020

US

3 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Jan 2021 T-Mobile VoLTE only

2020-09-18, 17:51 PM

I just received and downloaded Android 10. I'm in the USA, my Zoom was bought on Motorola website, and I use Mint Mobile (who uses T-Mobile). The first thing I did after the download was check out phone information. Before the toggles for Volte  and wi-fi calling were greyed out in the off position, and you couldn't change them. After Android 10, they are still greyed out, but now they are in the on position!  So of course I had to make a call, and the indicator by the signal meter didn't go from LTE to 3g. It stayed at LTE. So now you're making calls on Volte and your phone will work in 2021 on T-Mobile. There's quite a few changes with Android 10, but the biggest one is the Zoom phone can still work as a phone!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete