Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola one Phonesmotorola one zoom
All Forum Topics
Options

964 Posts

11-24-2020

India

138 Signins

13330 Page Views

• Views: 13330
  • Message 11 of 19

Re:May update peek display bug

2021-06-09, 5:40 AM

Hi Chet333

Your efforts are highly appreciated and I understand your concern. Let me investigate this further. Could you please share the bug report and a short video of the issue? So it will be easier for us to investigate this further.

Please find the instruction below to generate the bug report: 

To enable developer options:

1. Go to Settings > About phone > Build number
  2. Tap Build number seven times. After the first few taps, you should see the steps counting down until you unlock the developer options. Once activated, you will see a message that reads, “You are now a developer!”
  3. Go back to Settings, where you’ll find a Developer options entry in the menu

Steps on how to generate a Bug Report:

Go to Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On

Enable Settings ->System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On

Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> System -> Advanced ->Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.

Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.

Then upload the Bug Report to your personal Google Drive and then share the link of the Bug Report via Private Message.

Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken.

Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

Thanks

Sunitha 

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

13 Posts

09-18-2020

United States of America

15 Signins

80 Page Views

• Views: 80
  • Message 12 of 19

2021-06-09, 17:35 PM

Sunitha,

You have got to be kidding! I bought the Zoom to act as a good phone (and it has), not to be the source of homework assignments. I definitely appreciate your efforts, but my ongoing efforts will be to update apps and security updates. I didn't cause the problem and I hope that whoever did will correct it. Take care. 

Options

5625 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3327 Signins

78531 Page Views

• Views: 78531
  • Message 13 of 19

2021-06-10, 14:22 PM

@ Chet333 wrote:

Sunitha,

You have got to be kidding! I bought the Zoom to act as a good phone (and it has), not to be the source of homework assignments. I definitely appreciate your efforts, but my ongoing efforts will be to update apps and security updates. I didn' cause the problem and I hope that whoever did will correct it. Take care. 

I get you, but this is not something we're getting a bunch of reports on and it's not something we've been able to duplicate. This is why we need a bug report from a user like yourself that is impacted by this. I understand you didn't cause this, but we'll need your help to get it escalated.

I hope you understand.

Thanks,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

11-20-2015

Netherlands

9 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 14 of 19

2021-06-10, 19:40 PM

+ 1 I also have the problem since the may update..

Options

13 Posts

09-18-2020

United States of America

15 Signins

80 Page Views

• Message 15 of 19

2021-06-10, 19:58 PM

Tom,

There's not enough "impact" for me to get it "escalated". I'll just keep updating apps and security updates. I see that on the Razr page of this site under "peek display does not activate" you say that a new update to the Moto Display app is coming soon. My problem is not nearly as severe as Razr users, but maybe this will also address my lack of icon. A Razr phone lists for four times what I paid for my Zoom. That's the definition of significant "impact"!

Options

964 Posts

11-24-2020

India

138 Signins

13330 Page Views

• Message 16 of 19

2021-06-11, 6:37 AM

@ Gerard_Velzen wrote:

+ 1 I also have the problem since the may update..

Hi,

Thanks for writing to us. Sorry to know about this. Let me check and help you here. Have you tried the above-recommended troubleshooting steps? If not, please try and let me know how it goes. If that does not help, please generate the bug report(Instructions are mentioned above) and share it with us for further assistance. 

Thanks

Sunitha

Options

5625 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3327 Signins

78531 Page Views

• Views: 78531
  • Message 17 of 19

2021-06-11, 14:43 PM

@ Chet333 wrote:

Tom,

There' not enough "impact" for me to get it "escalated". I' just keep updating apps and security updates. I see that on the Razr page of this site under "peek display does not activate" you say that a new update to the Moto Display app is coming soon. My problem is not nearly as severe as Razr users, but maybe this will also address my lack of icon. A Razr phone lists for four times what I paid for my Zoom. That' the definition of significant "impact"!

I"m not using the number of users reporting this as a reason no escalate. I'm saying it's not something that is impacting everyone and we've been unable to duplicate it on our devices. The only way we're going to get an engineer to look into this is if we can reproduce the issue on our phones or a user provides a bug report. The razr issue you mention was also a case where I was unable to duplicate, but the root cause was found thanks to a bug report from one of the impacted users. I hope that makes sense.

Thanks,

Tom

Options

13 Posts

09-18-2020

United States of America

15 Signins

80 Page Views

• Message 18 of 19

2021-06-11, 16:45 PM

Tom,

The problem has very little impact on me, and that's why I'm not going further on escalation.  

Options

964 Posts

11-24-2020

India

138 Signins

13330 Page Views

• Message 19 of 19

2021-06-14, 6:12 AM

Hi Chet333

Alright! Please let us know if you need any future assistance. We are always here to help! 

Thanks

Sunitha

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms